Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: How can a purse turn into a pillow?

Thats easy let me try and make it. Oh my what a time I've had first my sewing machine decided it wanted to sew big ol eyebrows on my fabric then I finally got it working right and tried to finish the purse I was sewing I have no idea where I went wrong but when I flipped the fabric like it said to in the pattern my purse suddenly turned into a pillow. :thumbdown: I feel so frustrated and discouraged. Has anyone else tried the moda reversable purse here's the link to the pattern:
    http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/02/...ble-purse.html

thanks - what a great link - so many awesome patterns!

Don't know what to tell you..... did you use a heavier batting than called for? I have found some make a purse way to puffy for my liking. maybe a picture would help someone here help you.

did you remember to leave an opening when you were sewing around it? If there is an opening left open, you should be able to flip it the right side out and tuck half in to the other half and it would be your purse. It's kinda confusing to explain but neat when you are doing it.
    I have not personally used this pattern, and didn't even see it before....but I book marked it and will be trying it maybe this weekend. I got my bow tuck patterns in the mail and can't wait to start them.