Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: How to chose a lightweight quilting sewing machine for my wife???

Quote Originally Posted by MimiBug123 View Post
    I might be a 60 year old grandma, but that doesn't stop me from driving my brand new Mustang (with racing stripes and 6 speed manual). My grandchildren's friends think I'm a cool gramma! I dropped my 12 yo DGS off at a party. The kids wanted to know who that was in the cool car. When he told him it was his Mimi's car, they were amazed. They said their grandparents were dull. They only drove Caddies and Mercedes. I got a good laugh off of that one.
    60 is the new 40! Caddies? So 1960's. Yuck!

Red Mercedes convertible two-seater...oooh yea!

Sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Blog Entries
    Brother has a great little portable machine available on Amazon and not expensive. It is the 6000i (electronic with like 64 stitches that work beautifully) and comes with a host of accessories like a small work table that attaches to make the bed larger, many feet (many more available and the only one I recommend separately is the 1/4 inch quilting foot with a guide), a walking foot . It weighs only 14 pounds and does a great job. I am a winter Texan and there are at least 10 of these machines in the park. I am also a Sr. who cannot carry the heavier Pfaff that I own and sew on at home.

I am interested in buying a "traveler" what does anyone know about the Janome Magnolia??????????A bit higher $$, but is it lightweight or a heavy one??????

According to the Janome web site the Magnolia weighs 18.2 pounds. So it not as light as the Gem (12 pounds) but not as heavy as others.

I have a Janome 3150 and it only weighs 12 lbs. It is my travel machine and I love it! My 6600 and my Sweet Sixteen stay home and keep each other company while I'm gone!

If she likes her Janome I would buy the Janome Gem. I know several women who have it and love it!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10