Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How could anyone do that ? >

How could anyone do that ?

How could anyone do that ?

Old 06-30-2015, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by peaceandjoy View Post
Not a SS, but I sewed through an Olfa cutting mat. It was a "slap myself in the forehead" moment.
THAT's impressive.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:02 PM

I have done that and I still use that slider. It was a fairly small area that I sewed through. I can't really tell any difference. I also quilted a small packet of post-it notes to the back of one of my quilts once. Wouldn't you think you would notice that rather quickly? I did take a picture of the post-it notes thinking I would post it here, but never did. Maybe I can still find it. It seems like I have to make every possible mistake at least once Found the picture. It was just a small stack of post it notes.
Attached Thumbnails img_0355.jpg  

Last edited by suern3; 06-30-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by maviskw View Post
I would love to see a video of this action. Or better yet, see you do it in person. Sounds like a good way; one I've never heard of before. Now I have to go sew a line of stitching on some scrap and then try to take it out. LOL
I use this method; stumbled upon it by accident one day and even though it still takes time to do it is quicker and a more fluid, easier action for you. And what a joy at the end of your line to simply have several long threads sitting loose and ready to throw in the bin. Mind you, I still have to wear my magnifyers to do it and have my favourite music playing though!
Old 07-01-2015, 03:40 AM
Power Poster

Some days everything goes wrong. Good luck.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:44 AM

I did that once myself, but only for about 5 stitches. I didn't know we are supposed to tape SSs down. Doh! makes sense. Hope that by now you can manage a sense of humor about the mishap but, if not, console yourself with the thought that you've got a lot of company. ;->)
Old 07-01-2015, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
I folded my backing back and quilted it down. Not easy to rip either.
Yes! I've done THAT one more than once. You would think I would learn...............
Old 07-01-2015, 05:29 PM

I also sewed the slider onto a quilt, and the tape eventually leaves marks on the sewing platform. What I found useful is to use the baking silicone spray (bakers usually purchase them); just a little spray on the platform will make the quilt slide with very little effort.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by ruby2shoes View Post
I use this method; stumbled upon it by accident one day and even though it still takes time to do it is quicker and a more fluid, easier action for you. And what a joy at the end of your line to simply have several long threads sitting loose and ready to throw in the bin. Mind you, I still have to wear my magnifyers to do it and have my favourite music playing though!
Thanks for the encouragement. I haven't done much sewing lately; too much to do in the garden and lawn.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie View Post
I never did that, but I accidentally ironed my cutting board. It really warped it. lol
Sue
I did just the opposite. Got in a hurry and I used the rotary cutter on my ironing board. Made a quick fix with some fusible tape, and so far it's holding. I'm more careful now.