Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How could I have make such silly mistakes? >

How could I have make such silly mistakes?

How could I have make such silly mistakes?

Old 03-15-2012, 08:43 AM
pal

Remember how encouraging we were to our little ones when they were learning something new? Gosh, we even applauded them for sitting up on the potty seat!

All of our "mistakes" are a normal part of learning. Don't ever put yourself down, there are plenty of people that would be willing to do that for your. Praise yourself!!!!!!!!! Your quilt is wonderful - and every quilt you make is wonderful!!!!!

My Mom got a crochet blanket when she went into Rehab. I'm prettty sure that this was a first attempt. But that lady wanted to do something for someone else, and she did it! She made a wonderful quilt!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Power Poster

There is always room to improve but perfection was saved for only 1. She will love it and not know there are mistakes
Old 03-15-2012, 11:42 AM

I'm a quilting newbie and decided to try my hand at one for my grandson for Christmas. I can't tell you how many times I had to drag out my seam ripper while piecing that top ... then came the backing that also had to be pieced ... after taking it apart 4 times and just barely ending up with enough fabric on the backing I had to continue with it because I didn't have time to start over and didn't have another gift for him. His words to me after he opened all his gifts was "Grammie, I really like my toys but I LOVE my new quilt!" Unconditional love - warts & all.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Power Poster

O.M. Gosh - you should see the "princess" quilt top I have still hanging on a wall, bc it has so many mistakes it's not funny.
I didn't know back then, that you just couldn't take for granted that panel pictures aren't always square!
I had most of the top done, a lap size mind you, but I just never got the energy/ambition to take it apart.
I also had these little bitty pieces for "framing" the blocks and then was so worried about them, I sewed multi colored ribbon, (wide), over them and that made the top stiff...ugh!
It's actually got very pretty colors in it and my choices of fabrics was pretty good, but lordy, lordy, how the quilt police would gag!
So, I am going to try my own version of a trapunto like thingy and see if I can camoflage some of the wonky-weirdness out of it and let it go.
She is four and will "love-it-to-pieces"!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:16 AM

As of my students was finishing a quilt she started before she started taking classes from me, she said the quilt showed her progress.
Think of it as what you've learned not mistakes you've made.