Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How cute do my two “girls” look together!

How cute do my two “girls” look together!

So, there’s a story behind this post. (Sorry the picture is a little fuzzy.) I bought the Singer 160 Anniversary Edition (black machine on the right) last January, when it was a Today’s Special on HSN. I totally LOVE this machine because it’s so easy to use, sturdy, and stitches really well. I love the drop-in bobbin and the easy-thread system, and the curved extension surface. I also think she’s rather pretty (although some vintage enthusiasts have disagreed with me on that point!). She’s only missing two features that I’d like to have…a speed control, and the needle-up/needle-down setting.

A few weeks ago, HSN featured the new Singer One Plus machine as a Today’s Special. She’s the white machine on the left. She has many more stitches, is very sturdy, and stitches really well. (You see where this is going, right?) Again, drop-in bobbin is great, and the easy thread-system is awesome, curved surface is a big plus to me. She’s pretty, too; she has the silver decals instead of the gold. And – ta da - she has the speed control, and the needle-down setting! I am so happy. I’m working on a project right now (not a quilt) where I’m sewing on vinyl... and the machine is doing great. Just powers right on through that vinyl and fabric combo like nobody’s business.

I had convinced myself that I needed to sell the 160 if I liked the new girl, but really …. they look so darned cute together, I can’t bear to separate them! I think that I might use the 160 primarily for apparel sewing, and keep the One Plus for quilting (because it has that needle-down feature we love so well). I need some enablers, and I'm sure to find them here, right?! (big grin).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks to me like they're a matched pair: if you give one of them up, who knows when this combination will EVER happen again? Reason enough to keep them both!!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Keep them both. You really need 2 machines and those two look perfect together. I know you'll love the needle up/down. That is the only thing I miss with my Featherweight.

So sweet! I have two machines set up...one for piecing and for quilting and putting tops together. Both machines will do both jobs, but i can have two things going at once. Just trying to justfy for you.

Don't we all need a back up machine????????
    Laurel/oneteappot
    oneteapot/Laurel

Awesome! I bought the 160 and really struggled to walk away from the one plus. I have a high end machine and really can't justify another one....but they look so darn together.

keep both. Barb
    be happy

They look lovely together. To separate them would be a shame.
    Confirmed fabric-holic seeking 12 step treatment program or a storage building.

Gotta love HSN, I just ordered the No! No! today's special value . Love your 'girls'.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, and 4 crazy cats!

SO cute together!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast