Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How difficult are Mckenna Ryan quilts to make?? >

How difficult are Mckenna Ryan quilts to make??

How difficult are Mckenna Ryan quilts to make??

Old 10-31-2012, 05:13 PM

First off Kristakz, I think your cat quilts look amazing with your own fabrics!! Thanks so much for sharing them, as I haven't seen but one or two that were made without using MR fabrics...I must confess, I still have not even made one of hers...and I have the entire set of one of hers and several of her others...I need to just "buckle down" and get after it...lol...Please, if there are any others out there who have made any MR quilts, please post pics...whether it is using MR fabrics, or your own....I need inspiration!!!
Kif
Old 10-31-2012, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
I'm just finishing 'Reaching Out'. Loved every minute of it! Mine is a lot brighter - not so 'antique-y' compared with the picture. I couldn't thread a sewing machine just over two years ago and it's my second appliqué project - first is my avatar.
It's night here now, so I'll post a pic tomorrow when I get daylight to photograph it.
Can't wait to see your pic!!!!! Hint, hint....
Old 10-31-2012, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by btiny36 View Post
Holy wow...I love what you did...great job...I believe I have a couple of pattern of this designer...don't know which ones. But pretty sure I will never make them. I should just gift them so they can be used.
Hiya friend...I am thinking you probably should just gift those bad boys out...send em on down here to Texas!!! ROFL....As I know you are thinking, well, okay...and you will add them to the ones you have and haven't made yet either, eh??!!..
Seriously, if you do think you may ever want to part with and sell the Loon Lake one....keep your ole Texas friend in mind...One of the single ones I have of hers is Wolf Watch...I could put Loon Lake with it and make a great lil quilt...er, someday...soon...real soon...really....
Regards,
Kif
Old 10-31-2012, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by btiny36 View Post
LOL I can't even remember when I got them... These are just the patterns NOT the kits. Hang on minute I will go see which ones I actually have roflol Whew back...I have the Loon Creek, http://www.backdoorgeneralstore.com/...?productid=559 and the Coffee Classics series which includes 4 individual patterns: Four Big Shots, Warm Up, Just Coffee, A Fresh Cup. Must have been having coffee withdrawls that day lol Here is the link to the Coffee Classic series https://pineneedles.com/SuperStore/S...ssortmentID=36
I love the coffee ones. I have been looking at them, my sister was a manger for Starbucks for years and I think they would be a great gift idea.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:10 PM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

This is the first I've heard about Kai scissors. I found some curved ones on Amazon for $14.99. I have very good curved scissors and don't know if Kai would be any better. They are Japanese scissors, not American made, which would be nicer. But I still would like to know what makes them so nice. Why haven't I ever heard about them before. I do a lot of applique with my scissors and have no problems at all. But if these Kai are superior, I would buy them in an instant. Any advice?
Old 10-31-2012, 06:12 PM

I would love to do some applique but the thought of needle turning scares me.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:14 PM

These patterns are made for raw edge applique. They do have allot of small pieces. I am in the process of making two of them. A Journey To light and Storybook Farm. I always use my own fabrics
Old 11-01-2012, 08:44 AM

Sorry the picture took so long - it was raining yesterday! I've still to add an inner border (pink) and I'm going to use the same lemon for the outer border. I also changed the setting of the nine-patch (they were the
worst!) to the background fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]373799[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0400.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 09-22-2013 at 02:11 AM. Reason: remove copyright image
Old 11-01-2012, 09:43 AM

I am a twit! My quilt is by Edyta Sitar, NOT McKenna Ryan. I have got a couple of her patterns, but haven't started them yet. Oops - sorry
Old 11-01-2012, 11:40 AM

I don't do photos so hope this works, I used all my own fabrics and started with just one block of Mckennas down
on the farm quilt, the swing on the tree. Then I bought one more block of a pine tree and some deer and voila, a little imagination and photos and I had a quilt!
Attached Thumbnails sandys-qult-finished.jpg