Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do I get the wrinkles out? >

How do I get the wrinkles out?

How do I get the wrinkles out?

Old 03-07-2012, 03:51 AM

Default How do I get the wrinkles out?

Some time ago, I purchased several yards of 100% cotton duck fabric from Joann's to make aprons. I thought this would be a good fabric for gardening/barbecuing aprons. I pre-washed it and have been unable to get the wrinkles out. I have tried steam pressing and also washed it again adding vinegar to the rinse cycle. I don't want to start any projects with it until I know I can get the wrinkles out. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:55 AM

All I know is use a spray bottle and douse it good and iron with a hot irn. If that doesn't work, try some spray sizing. Good luck! If that doesn't work, go ahead and make your aprons. When there is food involved, noone is going to notice the wrinkles. heheheh!
Old 03-07-2012, 05:12 AM

Best Press will take wrinkles out of most fabrics. Spray starch is also a possibility.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:28 AM

I too have had issues with wrinkles from duck cloth pruchased at Jo Ann's ... I have soaked the cloth in water overnight ..spin dryed in the washer then while still evenly damp ..ironed.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Power Poster

Don't know if it works, but I have heard of spritzing with vinegar (instead of water) to iron.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:39 PM

Good question. I bought several different duck fabrics yet to be made into purses. I will be watching the posts on this one. Have you tried rinsing it again, then ironing while wet? Sometimes I have found I have to literally soak a cotton fabric and iron with dry iron while wet in order to get those stubborn wrinkles out. Thankfully this is rare. Maybe this will work on the duck fabric.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 PM

Sorry just can"t hel myself but when I read the title of your post the old joke Go braless it will remove wrinkles from your face cane to my mind I do hoe someone has the answer for you
Old 03-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Z

Default Vinegar/wrinkle remover

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Don't know if it works, but I have heard of spritzing with vinegar (instead of water) to iron.
1. Put full strength white vinegar into a spray bottle to moisten wrinkled area. Use dry iron on high and press down as firmly as you can. May need repeating on back side.

2. Sometimes a steamer, the kind you use for drapes, will take wrinkles out.