Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do I set my machine to sew just one star? >

How do I set my machine to sew just one star?

How do I set my machine to sew just one star?

Old 10-09-2014, 08:14 PM

Default How do I set my machine to sew just one star?

When my daughter and I were at the Project Linus event a couple weeks ago one of the ladies was telling us how we could use the start/stop button on my sewing machine to have it stitch just one star. I have a Baby Lock Crafter's Choice, I set it to the star stitch and unplugged my foot pedal, but when I pushed start/stop it just wanted to sew a line of stars. Does anyone know if I can sew just one star?

THANKS!!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Power Poster

My Bernina has a way to program certain stitches into it's memory. Don't ask me how though since I've never used it. Check your machine manual and see if has a section on programming.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:53 AM
Gay

I have just checked out the on-line manual and found no mention of sewing just one . Have you tried slowing down the machine enough to notice when the last stitch for each star is due, and just press the stop button, or take pressure off the pedal? Do you have a back stitch button? It should make a couple of securing stitches. That was all I did on my old machines to get the wanted number of stars or whatever - actually there was no stop/start button. Just takes a bit of practice.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:46 AM
Power Poster

Can't help with your machine but the Bernina I own will do single patterns. The touch screen has a series of functions in a row and one of them allows from 1 to 9 repeats or if you don't choose a # it does continuous sewing.

May be your machine has something similar. Look in your manual for machine functions or sewing repeats.

Hope you find how.
peace
Old 10-10-2014, 05:11 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU2o9drcn_8 A lot of youtube videos showing operation of your machine. Maybe one tells you how to do what you seek.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:26 AM

Janome does work that way (at least, my 6600 does) so that's probably why the lady told you that.

Hope you can figure it out - I've never used a Bernie so I have no clue. Maybe your dealer would know?
Old 10-10-2014, 05:48 AM

I don't have your machine, but when I press 'tie off' during a stitch, it will finish the stitch and then stop. Could that be it?
Old 10-10-2014, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
My Bernina has a way to program certain stitches into it's memory. Don't ask me how though since I've never used it. Check your machine manual and see if has a section on programming.
Yes, Tartan is correct and I had to chuckle because I think I only used the memory once or twice and I have owned my Bernina 1530 since I purchased it new in the 90s.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:43 AM

My Brother Innovis 4000D (similar to the Babylock Elegante) has both patterns. A single star and a line of stars. The Babylock machines come from the same factory. If yours does not show both patterns, then it will be a manual process to stop at only one star.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:00 AM

I saw a demo of the newer Janomes and they have a button, like Sewnoma says, that does just one stitch and stops. I have an older Janome and the manual said if I use the lock stitch it should just do one stitch, but it doesn't seem to work as cleanly as what I saw during the demo.