Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do i use a ruffle attachment for my janome?

How do i use a ruffle attachment for my janome?

Hi, Everyone I hope you can help me I have a janome 8200 and I want to know if there
    is any attachmen for that machine, I have called and they said I could use a standard
    Ruffle attachment, but I cant because of the way my attachments go on,there is no where,where
    I can attached it to, mine you just lower the needle and it pops right on! I want to make country
    curtains for my mom and the brother I used for this has had it! how can I make a ruffle on a janome
    thank for all your help
    Wendy
    I Love ALL kinds of CrAfTs

correction I have a 8080,I was told I could ue a gathering foot,has anyone here use this before?
    thanks

Blog Entries
    I have a Janome 6500 and I have this for my machine---------- I have not tried it yet.

http://www.amazon.com/Distinctive-7-...0787620&sr=8-1

but if that one does not work- I think I will try this one-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3tLy...eature=related

Either one of these you can call and see if they will work on your machine; just be sure to ask about the return policy. I love ruffles...........
    Last edited by tallchick; 11-08-2011 at 12:48 PM.
    Lisa

Hey Lisa thank you for your reply,I have two Ruffle attachments now but I have a snap on Janome for attachments
    and the Ruffler doesn't use the snap on method and thats what I'm so confused about...how can I use it?

Thank you so much!!! I'm excited now, I watched the video on youtube and thats it, it just pops right on
    I wonder though if that first website has the pop on kind? I will have to ask because for 50 bucks thats a steal
    for all those extra feet you made my day Lisa :-)

Normanally there is also a place to unscrew the foot as well as just the pop in foot. I know on my Janome I have to use the screw part to put my walking foot on.
    Good Luck!

really. I never noticed that...I will check it out thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebud23323 View Post
    Thank you so much!!! I'm excited now, I watched the video on youtube and thats it, it just pops right on
    I wonder though if that first website has the pop on kind? I will have to ask because for 50 bucks thats a steal
    for all those extra feet you made my day Lisa :-)
    You are more than welcome!!! I hope it works out for you- I bought the set on amazon cause you get more feet for a small amount- they work on my Janome and my brother I have 2 sets from them and I do love them and they are snap in.

Have fun with your ruffler and be sure to share pics when your done; can't wait to see the end results!!!
    Have a great day!!!
    Lisa

Lisa is the ruffler a snap on also? it didn't look it to me...lol sorry for all this bother

Blog Entries
    Rosebud-

My distintive ruffler goes on the same way as my quilting foot; it is not a snap on foot- I just pulled out the directions for it and put it on my machine and it fits perfectly (it does come with step by step instructions. Hope this helps....
    Lisa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast