Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you find quilt retreats in your area?

You don't have to be a Guild member to go to retreats. Our LQS's coordinate many.

Here's a popular destination for Quilting Retreats. Some are open to anyone.
    http://www.brentwoodonthebeach.com/r...8a.html?pid=15

Yes it's in Canada, though near the border. It's still do-able for our Northern USA friends!

ask at LQS, ask members of a guild, chat up crafters at a craft show, google quilt retreats for your area.
    just some ideas, hope you find find one.

A friend and I go to one every year that we found through LQS. There are also a couple that would be within driving distance that are held at conference/retreat centers, so you might also check anything like that in your area. Unfortunately, can't make the ones here as they don't work with my work schedule.

Why not plan one with other Quilting Board members?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind. I am not far from Lancaster County PA so there are lots of resources for a retreat. I think I will check with the local hotels and B & B's about hosting a retreat. Anyone interested?

I also Googled quilt* camp and came up with lots of hits (as many as quilt* retreat) so lots to consider now.

Not exactly nearby, but Olde City Quilts in Burlington, NJ has retreats just across the street from them at a local hotel. I've not been, but they look very cozy & nice. Might want to check them out????

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie
    Don't think that hasn't crossed my mind. I am not far from Lancaster County PA so there are lots of resources for a retreat. I think I will check with the local hotels and B & B's about hosting a retreat. Anyone interested?

I also Googled quilt* camp and came up with lots of hits (as many as quilt* retreat) so lots to consider now.
    there is a good chance I'll be driving from Florida to central NY next summer for a class reunion. If the timing is right, I'd love to come! Keep us posted.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Quilter
    Not exactly nearby, but Olde City Quilts in Burlington, NJ has retreats just across the street from them at a local hotel. I've not been, but they look very cozy & nice. Might want to check them out????
    I did visit their website and their "retreats" are partial day. I'm looking for a weekend (or longer) escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnie

I would be interested, depending on the dates!

Blog Entries
    Please check out Bed and Breakfast in your areas, as they are now holding quilting retreats.

I found some in Northern Indiana and making a list of them and would love to have a quilting retreat Spring of 2012.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast