Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: How do you make YoYo's

Blog Entries
    I have made hundred's of these. Never used anything but a sour cream lid as a template. Turned under 1/8 inch as I hand stiched a running stitch around the circle, pull thread to close, adjust & tie off. Before you know it they get perfect. My kids used to play with these for hours, designing new patterns with all the colors. I've also sewed buttons on the center of them also. I found a package of buttons with litle faces on them, they were so cute put on them. Have fun.

I bought 2 different sizes, the small size is the one I have been making. I think they could look better, I guess I just need to practice more. They are fun to make.

Anyone remember the yoyo dolls from years back? I remember my dd having one. I didn't make it. Think maybe DGM may have. Anyway, just thought about it while reading this post, and googled yo yo doll. Lots of stuff came up. Sure brings back memories!

Quote Originally Posted by irma tapia
    I bought 2 different sizes, the small size is the one I have been making. I think they could look better, I guess I just need to practice more. They are fun to make.
    Keep practicing, you will get wonderful results.

Irma you will love those Clover YO-YO makers. If you go to the pictures page there is a listing today called "Whew......I think I'm done!!!!" by user Patti. It is a b'ful Yo-Yo quilt top and decorative pillow she posted 07-14-10! She makes some fabulous quilts - look her up by her user name and you can view her picture posts - amazing quilts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3