Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you organize your Quilting Books? >

How do you organize your Quilting Books?

How do you organize your Quilting Books?

Old 06-29-2011, 07:13 PM

I have several books on the same subject and store them on shelves: Fat Quarters; Paper Piecing; Bargellos; Gees Bend; Quilt in a Day Books; Classic Instruction Books (Quilts, Quilts, Quilts; McCalls; Better Homes & Gardens). Others are shelved in no particular order. I don't accumulate magazines, when I do buy them, I tear out the patterns I like and put them in a 3-ring binder and dispose of the mags.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:07 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by MissJMac
I have several books on the same subject and store them on shelves: Fat Quarters; Paper Piecing; Bargellos; Gees Bend; Quilt in a Day Books; Classic Instruction Books (Quilts, Quilts, Quilts; McCalls; Better Homes & Gardens). Others are shelved in no particular order. I don't accumulate magazines, when I do buy them, I tear out the patterns I like and put them in a 3-ring binder and dispose of the mags.
You are so smart to have done that right from the start. I didn't. I have always filed them in mag. holders by title and date. Now they've outgrown the shelves they were on, and I'm going through each one to tear out the ones I think I'll actually use (in this lifetime) and giving what's left to a friend. It's very slow going since I've got years and years of them to deal with. Now I've allowed all of my subscrips. to expire. There are just so many magazines I can handle. No more!

8-)