Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How do you store your hard-copy Patterns? >

How do you store your hard-copy Patterns?

How do you store your hard-copy Patterns?

Old 12-27-2010, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR
Originally Posted by newquilter10
I have made a notebook with plastic sleeves that I insert the patterns in and they are always at my easy reach.
me too
I'm up to 2--5" notebooks and need more...they are great and stand up well along the edge of my table/desk and on the shelves all within reach.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:18 AM

I have recently organized mine into 3 ring notebooks with plastic sleeves to contain them. I use the huge ringed one I think 4" or so. I have 3 of them now, need to get some more protector sheets. They hold more, though have found smaller ones and garage sales and use them for some things too.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:24 AM

I use a 3 ring binder and print out all patterns standard 8 1/2" x 11". Then I use my 3-hole punch. I also use dividers that have the little plastic "thingy" to hold the label. I divide the patterns into categories that make sense to me (but maybe not to others). It helps to have an index page at the front listing the patterns included in that particular binder.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:47 AM

I am not as organized as the others but it works for me. I just have a few of the big round tins, like from popcorn and stuff like that. I have them separated into just a couple of catagories. Tablerunners, wallhangings and bed quilts. This seems to work for me. I have WAY to many to put into binders, but that sounds like it would be a nice way to do it.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by MillieH
I use a 3 ring binder and print out all patterns standard 8 1/2" x 11". Then I use my 3-hole punch. I also use dividers that have the little plastic "thingy" to hold the label. I divide the patterns into categories that make sense to me (but maybe not to others). It helps to have an index page at the front listing the patterns included in that particular binder.
Thanks that's a great idea about the index page! Will be adding that soon.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:30 AM

I can see the majority of quilters who answered are very organized, not like me. I thought I was doing good to put them in a file box. Well most of them that is. Maybe organizing into binders is a good idea, but for now I don't care.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by np3
Originally Posted by plainjane
Originally Posted by newquilter10
I have made a notebook with plastic sleeves that I insert the patterns in and they are always at my easy reach.
Me too! But I have notebookS!
I have many of the binders with the plastic sleeves. I sort them by style in the binders. Applique, focus fabric, kitchen ideas, baby, tabletops, you get the idea. I started out with an index in the front, but now have so many binders, that each binder has its own category.
I also have mine alphabitized
Old 12-27-2010, 10:00 AM

What great ideas, I can always count on learning something when I sign on here! This will help me so much, my sewing "sutdio" needs so much help and this will get me started on my journey.........
Old 12-27-2010, 10:38 AM

I scan all of the patterns and store them on my computer as pdf files.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:41 AM

I like the notebook idea with plastic sleeves. I have a notebook I bought to put recipes in, now I have to get another for quilt patterns...oh and sleeves too!