Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do you transfer motif to quilt

I am trying to transfer a motif onto a quilt. I got the pounce thing today and tried that and it did not work. What is the best way. I was thinking about gluing the design onto the quilt and quilting through it. I don't have a longarm, so I am going to free style it on my Bernina. Thanks About to pull my hair out.

Blog Entries
    You could put the picture on freezer paper and then iron the paper to the quilt top and sew threw the freezer paper. I have done this a couple of times and it has worked out well. Or you could trace it and trace it using colored graphite paper. I've done that too.

If you cut the freezer paper the size of paper that goes into your printer/copier, you can tape it to a regular piece of paper with the waxy side towards the regular paper and then you can run it through your copier without any problems.

Blog Entries
    See if this has any interest to you:) http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-23254-1.htm

Great idea. Thanks

Good ole freezer paper, great idea. I am going to try this. I will get some press and seal next time I go to the store. I live far from any stores. thank to you all

Blog Entries
    I like to draw my designs on Sulky Solvy and quilt thru that. Once done, I trim away the bulky extra and the remainder washes out. Similar to the press-n-seal, but no picking litle bits out from the stitching.

For lack of anything else on hand to use, I once traced a design onto tissue paper and taped that to the quilt to sew thru. Then tore off the tissue paper. It worked fairly well with not much tearing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CoriAmD
    For lack of anything else on hand to use, I once traced a design onto tissue paper and taped that to the quilt to sew thru. Then tore off the tissue paper. It worked fairly well with not much tearing.
    I forgot about that!! I've used it before too!

i also have heard of them using press and seal glad wrap to sew through

Blog Entries
    I use a homemade light box. One of the clear tubs you buy for storage turned bottom side up with a tap light under it. lay my pattern on that and fabric on top of that, if the fabric is dark I use a sliver of white bar soap to trace the design onto the fabric. Works very well. Hope that helps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast