Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Does This Work >

How Does This Work

How Does This Work

Old 02-11-2015, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by fabricholic View Post
Jan your drawing are exceptional!
I second that comment, way more than I will ever be able to do.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Power Poster

I watch their tutes multiple times and back up and go forward multiple times and make notes. Anxious to see yours when completed. Ariannaquilts love your quilt. Gorgeous.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:52 PM

Sometimes we just try to make things to hard. This is really easy. Just make your star block. when it is all sewn together, take whatever 10" sq color you want cut it in 1/2 twice to make 4 ( 5" squares). Press the square in 1/2 on the diagonal or draw a line on the diagonal. Place these squares in the corner and sew them on the diagonal. Take the corner that faces your star and fold it to match the opposite corner. Press. trim. easy peasy.
Geri in Anchorage
Old 02-11-2015, 05:34 PM

I recently was in Hamilton, MO, and went to the fabric store, 1 of 5, that is the MSQC. While there, I met Jenny and we chatted. I admitted that with my 1st 10 minute table runner, I spent more time ripping than sewing, it was me and not the directions, and that I quilt those runners for some pizzazz to them. She admitted to me that she quilts by check and was truly friendly. She laughed when I said I spent more time unsewing than sewing - she said quite a few quilters tell her that. That being said, I like her videos and think she does an excellent job but sometimes I just can't visualize well enough what she just said. Repeat on the video is priceless.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:02 PM

Although I've watched the video several times I have yet to try the pattern. What I can't wrap my head around is how to not loose the points when the sashing is added.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:34 PM

Default MSQC Big Star

Originally Posted by shy View Post
I figure it out yesterday..as I said it was just a mental block..as in I was messing up..lol...I finally just put it out of my mind..and when ..I went back ..it was clear what I did..measure wrong....and yes Jan u do make good drawings..thanks ..for trying to help all of u..
I just finished making this quilt in a queen size for my daughter I had a few Uh OH's but in the end it came out really well, I was very happy with my beginner results as was she. I love MSQC & of course Jenny.
Jeri