Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How Fast Can You Make a Quilt?

I have one pattern called "Seeing Stars" that you can make a queen size quilt top in two days. I don't know if the pattern is still available or not, I've had it for years.

added: I searched and didn't find the pattern I have. I found a whole bunch of other patterns with the same name though.

THANK YOU all for your posts! I've been checking out some of the sites provided and have been reading feverishly...almost ready for a nap from eye fatigue!

I'm attaching a picture of the fabric I have that's like a bee buzzing in my bonnet to try making a quilt. I guess I could "settle" by making a scrub outfit or cap for her, but the quilt making just seems so special to me. She's worked so hard at medical school, that it's the least I can do by stepping out of my comfort zone and quilting. I know she'll treasure it. Perhaps I've overwhelmed myself by reading several Jennifer Chiavarini's Elm Creek Quilts books, and the numerous patterns available. I welcome any advice on what design/pattern would work with this. THANK YOU!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I made a warm wishes quilt in about 4 days.

I made 5 warm wishes and 6 "Downey" pattern quilts (11 total) in 21 days.

Senior Member quilting librarian's Avatar
    Warm Wishes is an easy pattern that looks great.

http://www.quiltmaker.com/patterns/d...html?idx=5185_

Banned
    I made this lap/nap quilt for my wife using the quilt for kids pattern in 10 hours from the time I started cutting to the time I was washing it. And all of it was made on a treadle (honestly is there any other machine out there? :lol: )

Billy
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by sandyo
    I think as a rule the bigger pieces, the faster the quilt goes together. Some patterns look a lot more complicated though because strip quilting can make a complicated design easier than it looks.
    I hand-quilt so it takes me 1 day to cut out the pieces,2 0r 3 days to sew the quilt top(2 if Nothing else is going on,3 if there are Doctors appts.), and the rest of the 1 1/2 weeks to handquilt the quilt. I always tell my customers that their quilt will be ready in 2 weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2