Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
how to  handle a quilt shop moment >

how to handle a quilt shop moment

how to handle a quilt shop moment

Old 10-03-2010, 05:15 AM

I reread your post and you say that you really liked the woman that did this. Chances are that she really likes you to and felt at ease yelling across the parking lot to you. She probably didn't mean to cause you any distress. Speak to her about it. Be nice. Just tell her that you didn't realize that you had to pay if you didn't stay but that you wished she'd waited until the next time you came in and said something then because it really embarrassed you the way it was handled. But be nice, be understanding. She may have been having a really bad day.

Please don't drop out. Make a joke of it at the next meeting. Just laugh about there really being quilt police and that they'll chase you down for a couple of bucks.
Other people can only make you feel bad if you allow them too. By not dealing with it you'll only end up full of resentment. Just take a deep breath, hitch up your big girl britches and get it over with so that you can move on.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

Hugs! I would have been embarraced too!
Old 10-03-2010, 05:32 AM
Power Poster

The rules of the block club should have been discussed at the first month about staying or paying. I think you happened to be the first customer to get the rule enforced on after the owner got tired of seeing others come pick up the package and leave and not staying for the program and not paying. She probably told the employee not to let it happen again. Just my guess why the clerk would be so eager to make a point with you. It was handled horribly and you have every right to be upset about it. Sounds like the store is full of negativity. I would not be spending one penny of my money at that store ever again.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:33 AM

Some shops that sponsor some type of club or BOM will sometimes give a customer to pay for kit all at one time. This may have been why you were seeing some people leaving without paying.

I am not upholding the clerk's behavior, she should have asked you to come back in instead of yelling out.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:38 AM

Best to consider the source and forget and forgive...If you enjoy your group, stay on and smile..
Old 10-03-2010, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by janb
Best to consider the source and forget and forgive...If you enjoy your group, stay on and smile..
Then the will be a next person to be subjected to the same rudeness. Nope, I say speak up and ask what gives right off the bat.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:32 AM

Maybe you are overstressed and a bit touchy and she was a bit over the line. Your perception and hers could both be off a bit. I say relax and ask about the rules on your next meeting.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:37 AM

I think I would find another shop to spebd my money at. Everyone feels testy once in awhile but the owner should definitely not scare her customers.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:18 AM

not the same thing, but in the supply dept at work i went to get batteries for office equipment. the supply clerk asked what was i doing, selling them. as long as she was the supply clerk i insisted she take the dead batteries back when i went for more.
you might just ask what the rules are so you won't be chased into the parking lot again. she may have been having a bad day too and might not have realized how she was behaving.
i hope it works out for you at the shop and that your graduate work goes well.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:26 AM

thanks to everyone here , you have all been so nice and have given me much to think about until next month. I read the board at lunchtime at work, gives me a nice break from the day. You are all so welcoming to the new people!! :-)