Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How to handle the rest of the quilt.... >

How to handle the rest of the quilt....

How to handle the rest of the quilt....

Old 01-15-2015, 09:56 AM

I solved this problem with a floor stand/laptop hoop from Harry Barnett. I'm nothing more than a very satisfied customer of his. In fact I heard about his hoops here on the QB many years ago. just do a google search:
laptophoops.com might be the address... He's an artisan! I definitely identify with your problem!!! good luck!!!
Old 01-15-2015, 12:30 PM
Power Poster

This might sound just a little bit off the wall, but the first and only quilt that I hand quilted, for my daughter, I sat at my old, but rather large and wide, kitchen table, using a large quilt frame, and using the edge of the table for stability. It was a full size quilt, so it was large, plus I quilted it in the summer, so I had a floor fan going in front of the table to keep me cool. I did almost the same thing when I quilted a large king size quilt, 110" x 110", but on my sewing machine. The table completely supported the quilt so I could machine quilt it more easily; and it had 10" pieced baskets that I used SID to quilt. Was I crazy, probably certifiable, however, it was the first large quilt I had machine quilted, I hadn't been quilting that long, so I probably broke a lot of rules that I never even knew about. I might do it differently now, but I was pretty much a self-taught quilter at that point in my quilting career, and learned through books, magazines and Georgia J.Bonesteel's video from Spinning Spools.