Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How hard is a Double Wedding Ring Quilt to make?

I cut my pieces Accuquilt dies. They have a set for the DWR. After I got the pieces cut, putting it together was not that hard. I think getting all the parts and pieces cut exactly ​the same is what makes it easier to put together.

"Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned"
    Peter Marshall

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that
    take our breath away". - Hilary Cooper
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/2HartsCreations?ref=si_shop

Blog Entries
    Found a YouTube about the quilt. It also had lovely shapes and book to make a quilt. I split quilt into 9 sections. 9 circles in each section of 8. The missile section I did a free motion feather circle with couples Initials and a hits rose for the English bride at the top and. Thistle for the Scottish groom. Before joining the 9 pieces I sandwiched and quilted then joined insets of 3. I did it at home on a bernina 440 and was very slow one handed. I had a bone removed from my wrist at the same time hence the novel way of making
    Photo when I go to see my niece .

A full time traveler. Currently in Florida
    I made one for my daughter. It was very hard to match up points. SInce I have seen the paper piecing one and may try that next time. I also was not happy with my quilting on top. It is difficult to make it look good on a small machine. Next time I will send to a professional quilter.
    Vivian

I would not want to be a new or inexperienced quilter and tackle one. If you haven't sewn curves ... try another quilt with curves till you gain confidence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2