Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: How hard is paper piecing?

Not hard just tedious
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

paper piecing isn't hard, the hardest part is remembering to sew from the back, but after a few blocks you will get the hang of it. My third quilt is a Mariner's Compass. It came out beautiful. I didn't take any classes and it came out great. Give it a try.

Blog Entries
    Check out the thread here on QB, "50 Fabulous Paper Pieced Stars", and you can see what you'll be able to do with PP. I think the hardest part is the first couple of times, when you have the material on one side of a piece of paper, turn it over and sew on a line. Your mind sort of says that's not right. Take the class, you'll be glad you did.

LOVE LOVE LOVE to paperpiece, i love to make minis and you get such great results.
    Born to Quilt, Forced to work.

Once you get the "gist" of it, it is easy-peasy! You can make blocks that you would never tackle by the conventional method. My only gripe about it is that is is messy, paper gets everywhere and you have to tear off all that paper...but I have made some beautiful blocks using that method. Carol Doak has many blocks and a DVD you can purchase that will print up paper pieced blocks in any size. It will be an adventure for you...always keep learning new things, it keeps your brain young!
    Michelle Guadarrama

I find that you really can't be distracted by anything while you paper piece. It may just be me but you really need to concentrate until you get comfortable with it. I've sewed things backwards many a time ;o( Good luck. It is fun once you get the hang of it!!

I love to paper piece and there are more than one technique to accomplish this. I didn't like it so much with the initial technique I learned but while working on Dear Jane, I learned another technique and now I love it. The results are awesome. I say go for it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3