Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How to iron every little seam... help! >

How to iron every little seam... help!

How to iron every little seam... help!

Old 05-27-2010, 04:06 PM

For sure. I use my small travel iron, but what a good idea to use the mini-iron.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Maride
I made myself a little ironing board with one of those TV tray/table. Just covered it with 2 layers of cotton batting and upholstery cotton. small, light and foldable.
Me too, and I love it! :thumbup:
Old 05-27-2010, 05:08 PM
Google Goddess

I have the pressing board on a tv tray beside my sewing machine, I just put a heavy bath towel under the pressing board and works like a charm, enjoy

Originally Posted by QBeth
Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
The quilt I am making calls for me to iron every seam as I piece them together. Which means I have to hop up and down between my sewing machine and ironing board. Does anyone have a better set up? Alas, I do not have a studio...yet! Thanks so much for your expertise!
Joann's, and other places probably, carry something called a Quilter's cut & press which is a cutting board on one side and pressing board on the flip side. I keep one next to my sewing machine along with my iron. I've attached a picture of it. Comes in two sizes.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Google Goddess

ok, now you have a good excuse to clean out the closet, you might find other things, have fun!

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
I do have a little ironing board, now that I think of it. Finding out requires cleaning out one of those junk closets!
Old 05-29-2010, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
You should be able to find a tailor's clapper in NYC garment district. They are hard to find for some reason. I did a search online for June Tailor's pressing clapper and it's not being made anymore. Some sites listed it as collectible. If you find one it's great for pressing seams completely flat, much flatter then just pressing alone.
my husband made me a "clapper" w/a 2"diameter round pole [cut down] just cut off enough to make 1 flat edge. i was making clothes at the time,so the round edge was great , too.