Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take you to hand bind a queen sized quilt?

maybe four movies.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Blog Entries
    I have never timed myself but after doing several, I feel I'm much faster..I love a finished binding that is hand sewn so it really doesn't matter to me!
    "Seeking God's guidance is the key to success... even in daily living when we learn to LISTEN!"

I can do a lap quilt in one night watching tv. Larger quilts take me from five to six hours.

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
    over the years with lots of practice i have managed to get so i can do a queen sized quilt in 2-3 hours *normally* sometimes i may work on it for an hour or so...usually around 2 corners...then set it aside & finish it the next time i pick it up...small quilts are about an hour-maybe 2...depending on how small..when i first started it took me 5 or 6 i'd guess to do a queen- i pretty much never managed to finish them in one sitting- might be a week- now i can usually get one done during a movie-or baseball game.
    This is probably close to my estimate as well. Don't really pay much attention to how long it takes unless there is a major deadline. And it depends on how many interruptions and/or distractions.

Blog Entries
    If I'm watching TV it will take twice as long as it should - I like to multi task!
    Joyce

For a queen I would say 6-8 hours if I am watching TV, 5-6 if I am listening to the radio.

Alison

Blog Entries
    I break mine into multiple sessions due to wrist problems but I try to enjoy the process too. It's so nice to have that warm quilt on my lap while working on it. It is the only time I get to "use" most of my quilts.
    Martina
    Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Fabric!

About 3 hrs for the smaller one and 4hrs for a queen one. I so it while watching TV in the evening or while watching movies on TV on a weekend day.
    Kathleen, a lass with a bit of the Irish in her blood and a whole lot of Irish in her heart

I will do 2 sides a night unless it is a small quilt, but, I sometimes think there are 6 cornors on the quilts.

You are all faster than I am. Just did a double size quilt and sewed most evenings on it for about 5-6 days. I'm not usually in to much of a rush to get that part done. I like stitching the binding on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast