Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How many are basically lone quilters or have close friends they quilt with?

I belong to a guild that I go to once a week, but I have about four friend that I quilt with at home they come to my house and we have a ball, I try to setup times so we can have lunch and we help each other sew pick colors and quilt together

I'm mostly a lone quilter, but I do join my quilt guild gal's once a month for our UFO day we work on our own things, talk, laugh, and share a pot luck lunch.

I quilt alone but try to get together once a week or so with my aunt, my mom, and a friend. My mom and I quilt alot together...we love it...we live across the street from each other and have made her basement into a giant sewing room.Wish you all could come and quilt with us. The more the merrier. We even have great lunches together with good snacks since my mom loves to bake. I am sooooooo lucky!!!! DEE in Syracuse, NY area

From WI then Denver then Houston and now Hainesville, IL
    Wish I lived closer to you DeeBooper!! Sounds like you have a WONDERFUL setup!!
    :lol:

As a newbe quilter in a small Texas town, I am so fortunate to have a wonderful quilting group that meets once a week at a local church. Some of the ladies have been quilting for over 50-60 years and the wealth of information available is so wonderful. And so readily shared. We all work on our own projects and mostly all hand quilted. I would probably be on my first quilt if it wasn't for their help and support.

Hello.....I quilt alone....scheduling for work, etc. :)

Dkm
    I guess I'm pretty lucky. I do a lot of sewing by myself, but have a friend that I get together with and do projects. I also belong to a quilt guild that meets once a month and have bees on Fridays. I just joined an art quilt group, but have to travel 50 miles, this will come to a halt in the winter months. I also have this group, which I enjoy reading questions and seeing projects.

That sounds wonderful!

Blog Entries
    I'm a lone quilter too. My friends ooh and aah over my quilts but have no desire to make one. They love it when I make them one or their grandkids.
    Deb, you can call me in those wee hours. I do most of my work after 10 pm.
    But everyone here is a friend and will give advice when I need it and oh the ideas for future projects I get from viewing all your stuff.

At home I quilt alone on a 4 board & clamps frame as I learned on as a child. I miss those days when all the aunts and cousins and friends got together to quilt on one anothers quilts and rotated homes. The men played penny poker in the kitchen. When I can, the Milford Senior center in DE has a group of hand quilters meeting on Mon and Wed from 9 - 12. People bring their tops in and for a fee it is hand quilted and the money goes to the center. Unfortunately I still have to work and can only get there occasionally. I belong to 2 quilt guilds but have not had the opportunity to join any bees. We do have quilt in days where you bring your own to work on but it is not the same. Lots of quilters in DE/MD

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast