Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How many hours?

I have machines set up on each floor of my house so I can sew anytime, anywhere. I also have one packed and ready to go in case I need to sew somewhere else. I try to get in at least 10 hours a week but usually I do much more than that. If I do less I get jittery. I've been known to sew 40-60 hours in a week if I'm working on something that HAS to get done or if I'm doing something that I'm passionate about.

Right now...not much. Now that school has started again I am just exhausted after teaching my kindergartners all day long. I have good intentions of quilting in the evenings but the reality is that after I fix dinner and clean up the kitchen I generally just collapse in my recliner chair for the evening. It is a gray, cool day here today and I do believe I will do some sewing today.

Quote Originally Posted by gollytwo
    I'm able to sew 24/7
    Rarely these days have I been in the mood to sew - by machine or hand
    Have been sorting and cutting for 2 months, but no sewing.
    I'm in a slump too, if you could call it that. Been doing a good bit of hand sewing but not much else.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Here lately I'm only sewing 1 day a week and then only an hour or 2 on that day. Sometime life takes over or when I run into a snafu I have to walk away. Right now I'm waiting for WM to get the fleece in for a quilt so I can get it done, I hate waiting on wm. Guess I will finish Halloween decorations today.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziC
    I was wondering this morning just how much quilting everyone is able to do. How many hours a week or per day are you able to spend on your passion? I know there is never enough time in the day for me to do what i want but i manage to sew more on the week-ends than any other time. How about you guys?
    Not enough hours in the day to quilt!!!! It seems like I find more time when everyone gets to bed...

I can usually get 20 hours a week in. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday evenings 7-10ish and 10 hours on either Saturday or Sunday.

Power Poster
    Like the other ladies have said, It depends on the mood, how you are feeling,if you have appts. to go to.

If everything is in order I can sew most of the day when my daughter (MH) goes to the workshop.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Here lately I'm only sewing 1 day a week and then only an hour or 2 on that day. Sometime life takes over or when I run into a snafu I have to walk away. Right now I'm waiting for WM to get the fleece in for a quilt so I can get it done, I hate waiting on wm. Guess I will finish Halloween decorations today.
    Also I might get more done if this board didn't exsist but then again I wouldn't know what I was doing if it weren't for the helpful quilters on here.

Quote Originally Posted by gollytwo
    I'm able to sew 24/7
    Rarely these days have I been in the mood to sew - by machine or hand
    Have been sorting and cutting for 2 months, but no sewing.
    How can we help get you in the mood to sew? Cheer, sing, talk? Let us help encourage you to sit back down at the machine.

Depends on my mood

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast