Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many hours a week do you sew? >

How many hours a week do you sew?

How many hours a week do you sew?

Old 02-17-2010, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by janRN
Someone said something about dirty floors--light candles in the evening and you'll never notice LOL!!
Great idea!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:23 AM

It is a rare day that I don't sew, at least a little. Most days it's at least a couple of hours. I go at a steady pace, but don't rush. Had to rush all my life, not doing it now. I have friends that sew a lot faster than I do and turn out more, but I am happy with what I produce.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:26 AM

I used to be lucky to sew about 2 hours a month - find that rare saturday morning when nothing else was scheduled.

Lately, with all of this snow - I've been able to sew for about 4-6 hours (or more!) every day!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:49 AM
Power Poster

I try to sew some every day :D:D:D
Some weeks I sew a LOT and other weeks the body just won't cooperate :roll:
Old 02-17-2010, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Honey
It is a rare day that I don't sew, at least a little. Most days it's at least a couple of hours. I go at a steady pace, but don't rush. Had to rush all my life, not doing it now. I have friends that sew a lot faster than I do and turn out more, but I am happy with what I produce.
Ditto here!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:00 AM
Power Poster

I most weeks sew a couple of hours in the evenings and try to sew Saturday and Sundays while doing laundry and some housework. I'm at work about 50 or so hours a week. I get on this board look,read,comment when I'm not busy. I'm retiring in June and then I plan to sew most of each days.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:06 AM

Well, I work full time and have two preschoolers, the house, DH and the pets, so I'm lucky if I sew 5 hours a week, that includes the kiddos nap times on the weekends! Just doesn't happen much here and it explains all the UFO's in my room!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

There a lot more quilters that produce more quilts than I do. I work full time and have kids at home. I work on them when I can, but it's slow going for me. The biggest thing is I enjoy what I do and that's what counts.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:27 AM

Some weeks I sew more than others. Usually 10 to 20 hours. I don't do anything else and sometimes I'm pushing hubby to finish dinner so I can go upstairs and quilt.

Last night I was there before they were done so this morning I cleaned up- put the pots in the dishwasher. hehe.

I would love to sew more and feel a wee bit guilty over how much time I spend in my room, but- 1) they know where I am and 2) I was banished there because I create strings and a mess with a project. The house is much cleaner with me contained to 1 room.

Especially sewing a lot this week as I want to finish 2 UFOs and get them to the laq. Then finish another 2 next week. Goal is to finish all my UFOs by end of March. Only have 8 but that's too many!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:27 AM

Some weeks I sew more than others. Usually 10 to 20 hours. I don't do anything else and sometimes I'm pushing hubby to finish dinner so I can go upstairs and quilt.

Last night I was there before they were done so this morning I cleaned up- put the pots in the dishwasher. hehe.

I would love to sew more and feel a wee bit guilty over how much time I spend in my room, but- 1) they know where I am and 2) I was banished there because I create strings and a mess with a project. The house is much cleaner with me contained to 1 room.

Especially sewing a lot this week as I want to finish 2 UFOs and get them to the laq. Then finish another 2 next week. Goal is to finish all my UFOs by end of March. Only have 8 but that's too many!