Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many kinds of stupid.... >

How many kinds of stupid....

How many kinds of stupid....

Old 03-06-2011, 02:45 PM

ROTF-LMBO!!! You can make a funny story out of a bunch of mishaps! Thanks for sharing! You made my day!
Old 03-06-2011, 05:40 PM

Hehehe... we've probably all had times like that. Sounds to me like it's time for a dip in the hot tub, or maybe for getting a good massage. The quilting will wait.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by OHSue
You know sometimes I amaze myself with how many kinds of stupid I can be.....
I was working on simple BOM from my LQS, super simple with HST and some flying geese units. First I mess up my up on orientation of HST twice, then I sew on a flying geese unit backwards. At one point I had to wind a bobbin and I cut the top thread, wound the bobbin, put it in and proceeded to sew until the 6 inches of thread on the top ran out.
I was cutting a Lil Twister wreath project, had it all laid out on my cutting table. Went to move some fabric and created enough of a breeze to blow off some of the blocks and now I can't figure out how to get it back the right way.
I tried cutting some strips for a very simple swap block I was working on, and for some reason turned my ruler around and cut them 3" instead of 3.5".
I decided it was time to stop with the quilty projects and sit back with my knitting. So I am knitting on a sock that I have been working on for a while and totally forgot to do one part of the pattern and didn't figure it out until I was four rows past that point.
Sat down here to read the list for a while and look at pretty pictures, and promptly spilled my tea all over the computer desk.
I was thinking of reading but I will probably get a lethal paper cut.....
Oh gosh--you're a good writer. I'm sitting here cracking up because in the past week I have made more errors than ever, and I feel so stupid. One example (just to make you feel better), I sewed some hanging tabs on a wall hanging on the wrong side--no they couldn't go on any side, this project was of horse heads. Looked pretty goofy sideways. So, I cut them off and make more. I sewed three on each of the other two wall hangings, but on one, one tab was sewn on sideways--so the bottom wasn't the fold, and on the other TWO were sewn on sideways.

And there was the backs that folded up so got quilted in with the quilting. Heeellllo seam ripper.

These are but a brief sample, but do you feel any better?

If there is a place to goof, I'll goof. Makes me want to charge double for some stuff. :lol:
Old 03-07-2011, 01:16 PM

Half square triangles
Old 03-07-2011, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by OHSue
You know sometimes I amaze myself with how many kinds of stupid I can be.....
I was working on simple BOM from my LQS, super simple with HST and some flying geese units. First I mess up my up on orientation of HST twice, then I sew on a flying geese unit backwards. At one point I had to wind a bobbin and I cut the top thread, wound the bobbin, put it in and proceeded to sew until the 6 inches of thread on the top ran out.
I was cutting a Lil Twister wreath project, had it all laid out on my cutting table. Went to move some fabric and created enough of a breeze to blow off some of the blocks and now I can't figure out how to get it back the right way.
I tried cutting some strips for a very simple swap block I was working on, and for some reason turned my ruler around and cut them 3" instead of 3.5".
I decided it was time to stop with the quilty projects and sit back with my knitting. So I am knitting on a sock that I have been working on for a while and totally forgot to do one part of the pattern and didn't figure it out until I was four rows past that point.
Sat down here to read the list for a while and look at pretty pictures, and promptly spilled my tea all over the computer desk.
I was thinking of reading but I will probably get a lethal paper cut.....
Well let me count how many "stupids" you were.....hmmmm, I can't seem to find any of them. So you must be ZERO amounts of Stupid. A bit clumsy? Possibly....A bit flustered???? I would agree to that. Someone that made the world laugh today??? DEFINITELY. Someone that WILL have a better day tomorrow....POSITIVELY. Someone that will give a chuckle every time they read all of the responses to this post...YOU BET YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR!!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:25 PM

When you stop and think of all of the things you were trying to do, I think a better description of your dilemma is that you were just very TIRED and not STUPID. Don't beat yourself up or feel bad, we all get tired and do some amazing things. I really got a good laugh out of your story. I hope you got a good laugh too. Thanks for sharing. :D :-D :) :-) :wink: