Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: How many machine bind their quilts?

Blog Entries
    I love reading all these post. Doing the binding by hand is my FAVORITE part of doing the quilt. It just makes me happy to be be doing it. Strange I know, but that's how I roll.

If you really, really hate binding, maybe you can find a binding attachment, for your machine. I recently bought one, for my Janome . . . but haven't yet sat down, to learn how to use it (have been trying to finish up a few other things). Anyway, it looks pretty straightforward, except for turning the corners (which will just require a bit a practice).
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

I do both. I hand bind special quilt projects but for childrens quilts I machine bind.

I machine bind them-my hands cramp so bad when I do hand work not an option for me

I don't think it's strange I Think it's great! wish my hands would hold up

How about if you machine sew the binding on and then hire out the hand sewing? I love the hand stitching part, then I get to watch TV! The times I'm in a hurry and machine stitch the binding down, I've found it's very stiff, and sometimes curls a little.

I machine bind all of mine. To difficult for me to thread a needle and then see where the stitches go. I have used both a "straight" stitch and decorative stitch. Both looked great. Good luch.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Don't worry about the quilt police. If you want to machine bind them, go for it!

Jeanne, I love to hand bind quilts! A good movie and a quilt to bind and I am in my glory! If I can help out I would be happy to bind a quilt or two for you!!

Okay I may be in the minority here but I really like binding my quilts by hand. If I lived close by I'd help you out. Maybe we could trade. I have two quilts in my quilt room that need to be quilted. Not my favorite part of quilting.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast