Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: How many machines do you have?

yel
    Blog Entries
    i just have tooooooooooooooooooo many

I only have 12 machines, only one is computerized and does have a few fancy stitches and a few "embroidery" stitches. I have no desire to have a real embroidery machine, as it is, I rarely use any of the optional stitches. Most of my machines are old Singers although I do have a Montgomery Wards(50's), Kenmores(60's), Husky(70's), and a Morse. One of these days, I'll have them all up and running and will have room to have them all set up, ready to go. I also have a BabyLok serger that has many, many miles on her, but haven't used her much since I've started quilting, but wouldn't even think about getting rid of her.

Blog Entries
    i have a serger, embroidery combo, two regular sewing machines, a midarm, and a treadle. they all have their purpose.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    I have a janome jem I use for classes
    topaz 30 emb. & sewing
    quilt designer 11
    longarm
    2 tredles I do not use these

Blog Entries
    I gave my two treadles to my two DDs. One was my grandmother's treadle. They use them for decoration value. They don't sew with them. I stuck a new belt for each one in one of the cabinet drawers along with a copy of the manual. One day who knows, someone may want to sew on it. LOL. At least they have them safe and they are out of my house.
    Got fabric?

I have 4 machines and a serger. 3 of my machines are Kenmore brand. I have a 1970s model that I bought off of Craigslist that I keep around because it will sew through anything! I have a mechanical Kenmore from 2003 that I haven't touched in quite a while and a computerized Kenmore from 2008 that I use for piecing and sewing things that need a free arm. My 4th machine is a Janome 6600. I use it mostly for quilting. I love all of them for different reasons, so I don't see myself getting rid of any of them anytime soon. I promised my DH that I wouldn't buy any more machines without selling one I already have. That won't happen until I look into a longarm in a few years!
    I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business. - Michael J. Fox

I have 5 sewing machines 1 serger. I my baby lock symphony is my main machine. I use my brother sq9000 as a back up and to teach my friends that have been interested in sewing. I also have 3 vintage Singers that I don't currently use but I am slowly cleaning them up and getting them in working order. My grandma gave me her baby lock Imagine serger and I am trying to learn to use it! I am looking at buying an embroidery machine hopefully at the end of the year.
    Brother SQ9000, Baby Lock Crescendo

Slowly but surely restoring these lovely machines...
    Singer 66 (1929) Singer 27 treadle (1909) Singer 99 (1925)

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Reading this thread I can't tell if we're bragging, complaining, inventorying, one-upping, hungering, or just plain nuts!!!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

I have a Janome 7700, a Janome 3160 that I use for travel, a Brother PQ-1500s that I love the straight stitch on. I also have a Brother serger that is about 17 years old and still going strong. I also have about a 6 month old HandiQuilter Sweet Sixteen for quilting.

I feel deprived after reading about all the machines some of you have! Mine are:

1972 Kenmore (work horse)
    2002 Kenmore (made by Janome)
    Janome 6600P
    Janome 350E embroidery machine

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast