Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many machines? >

How many machines?

How many machines?

Old 06-17-2011, 10:28 AM

I have 11. 3 vikings, 4 singers, 1 euro pro, 1 brother, 1 janoma felter and a junior miss I got when I was 7 yrs.old.
I use all of them off and on just to keep them running.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
I know it is insane, but I have 7 machines

Kris, if you're "insane" with 7 machines, I MUST be stark raving mad with 13 and another one on the way :roll: :lol: :XD: :roll: :lol:
Old 06-17-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
Kris, if you're "insane" with 7 machines, I MUST be stark raving mad with 13 and another one on the way :roll: :lol: :XD: :roll: :lol:
Terryl, You are EXPECTING???? LOL What is it going to be? Do you have a name picked out yet? Can't wait for the DAY to arrive :)
Old 06-17-2011, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
Originally Posted by Terryl
Terryl, You are EXPECTING???? LOL What is it going to be? Do you have a name picked out yet? Can't wait for the DAY to arrive :)
Sharon, you made me laugh out loud here in the salon, all heads turned to look at me!!!!! She's a feather weight, belongs to my grandmother (who will be 100 in July), when I go to celebrate my grandmother's B'day, I will bring her home, her name will be Violet (GM's name). I'm as anxious to get her as I was for DD to be born all those years ago!!!! Maybe more so, no 2AM feedings, no diapers to change, no temper tantrums (hopefully) :roll: :roll:
Old 06-17-2011, 11:24 AM

I have 2 Elnas, 4 old Singers, 1 Huskvarna(sp), 1 Morse, 1 Kenmore, 1 Montgomery Wards. I think that's all. LOL I have NO idea if the Singers work. The others do but I don't use them. One of these days. LOL I also have a Baby lok serger that works fine, and is in retirement now that I do more quilting than clothes sewing.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:25 AM

one...... now that is sad i guess...
Would love a embord. machine.. and a surger... ahhh one day...
Old 06-17-2011, 11:30 AM

I have 14 machines. A pink Atlas and the rest vintage singers. And yes, I use all but 2 of them regulary. As long as DH has more fishing poles than I have machines, we are good.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:24 PM

Well, I'm hoping I still have 3... (see post: yikes, I've lost...)

I don't do fancy stuff like embroider, or need a complicated computer with software. There's no point in learning techniques I cannot afford the proper machine to do.

My first machine was a 50th birthday present to myself so I could begin to learn how to quilt. It is a little Janome. I forget what it's called (New Home?) as the book is with the misplaced machine. Years later when I got my second machine, this little one became my travel machine.

My second machine, a Janome Jem Platinum New Home, was a present from my husband when he saw me struggling on the little one when trying to make king size bed quilt for a wedding. It lives in a small cabinet with the table top that folds open, in my quilt area. I use this the most.

I got the 3rd one for myself, a Bernina Bernette, to leave at my folks, 2 hours away. I was spending more and more days there as my poor Dad's medical troubles intensified. It made them happy to see me doing something enjoyable during the long days inbetween appts etc.

I do use all 3 of my sewing machines and love them.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:54 PM

I have a few Singer 221 Featherweights, must keep at least two so that my sons can inherit one each. My sons have a basic Brother they use. I've got that one and a mechanical Pfaff out on loan. I have two machines I was given to either use as trade-ins or pass along (so they don't count, right?). Then 2 older Berninas I use occasionally but LOVE, two newer machines in cabinets I use regularly, and a 1990's Pfaff I bought for nostalgia but don't use as much as I planned to. Oh, and a Kenmore Mini Ultra I bought for $50 thinking it would be good for the kids-whose tastes are more sophisticated. Never used it. Of my collection, there are 4 that I really would not want to have to give up.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:05 PM

Just five here, but selling three off I want something else and I do not use them. I am not much of a older machine person. I do have one made by Singer that I use for FMQ.