Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9

Thread: How Many Projects Do You Have Going?

I'm down to two. I finished a carpenter's star today from a weekend manic must do. I still have the quilting to do on the rack and one I'm piecing on the sewing machine.

Senior Member quilting in my60s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BMP
    I use 2 gallon zip lock bags to bag up my fabric, pattern and thread for each project ...I have 7 bags in my tote waiting !!! a few are small wallhangings , but a few are queen size quilts. I think I have enough to last me awhile.
    I don't know if it matters but I don't zip my 2 gal. bags all the way so the fabric can breathe. I don't know how long before I get around to making the project. I have a wicker laundry basket and when it gets full and bags start falling out of it I figure it is time to pull a couple out and make them up. I love buying new fabric and have a hard time saying no to myself!!

Quote Originally Posted by Val in IN
    I have a LOT in different stages of construction/completion.
    I have promised myself not to start another thing until I complete all of these. So far, so good. We'll see if it lasts. I also promised myself that I would NEVER, EVER, make another quilt under pressure. Takes all the fun and enjoyment out of it for me.
    I can agree with you on that last part, Val. I hate working against a close deadline! I wind up getting really cranky, and there's no joy in working on the project...only finishing it and getting it gone out of my sight. If I have the luxury of time, I like to rotate about 3 quilting projects at a time. That way, I can keep quilting and not get tired of any one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by quilting in my60s
    Quote Originally Posted by BMP
    I use 2 gallon zip lock bags to bag up my fabric, pattern and thread for each project ...I have 7 bags in my tote waiting !!! a few are small wallhangings , but a few are queen size quilts. I think I have enough to last me awhile.
    I don't know if it matters but I don't zip my 2 gal. bags all the way so the fabric can breathe. I don't know how long before I get around to making the project. I have a wicker laundry basket and when it gets full and bags start falling out of it I figure it is time to pull a couple out and make them up. I love buying new fabric and have a hard time saying no to myself!!
    on that note, I go to pizza shops and get their boxes to use for my kits. My dd once asked if they were used boxes. lol Just tell them your a customer, or buy a pizza to keep you going during quilty time.

I don't know. They are every where

I do one at a time and have never had a UFO.

I don't allow myself to start another one until the last one is finished.

I try not to have more than 3-4 or I get overwhelmed. I also end up with too many UFOs. Currently:

1. Witch quilt (quilting)
    2. Zig Zag quilt (piecing)
    3. Lady of the lake Quilt (Piecing)
    4. Apple core quilt (take a long hand project).

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9