Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilts do you finish in a year? >

How many quilts do you finish in a year?

How many quilts do you finish in a year?

Old 04-23-2015, 03:51 AM

did three but still have a t shirt quilt on my design board haven't finished yet
Old 04-23-2015, 03:52 AM

I only started keeping track in mid 2012. Now I keep a MS word document with date finished, what it looked like, purpose of it (charity, gift, etc) and a file folder with a picture.

In 2013, I finished 103, most of them charity = simpler= no hand piecing, no applique, etc.
In 2014, I finished 29, almost all of them NOT charity--they were wedding quilts, 2 commissioned quilts, etc. About half were queen sized.
In 2015, I've finished 106 so far. The vast majority of these are charity = easy, nothing spectacular, etc. With this year's I had most of these tops already made back in 2014 or people gave me tops to finish.

If I were doing things like tiny precision piecing or paper piecing, or handwork, or detailed work like dense piecing, I would slow down to a crawl/walk.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:52 AM

I would have to say a up until recently I finished about one or two but have decided to make myself a goal to finish so many a year. I would have to say 7 in all in the last starting in the last year till know and still have two put together and plan on doing a couple of baby quilts. I would like to finish at least 10-12 quilts this year. The reason I say this is because I hand quilt so It takes me a while to finish them.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Future Quilter View Post
I can't be a player in this thread, now if you start a "how many quilts do you start a year" I could be a player in that one. LOL

Really I do one quilt a year give or take.
I'll join this thread. I like to work on several at a time. That's my story and I'm sticking to it
Old 04-23-2015, 04:30 AM

Since I retired in 2012, my mission has been to finish up everything that I had started and to show one finished project each month at my guild meeting. I now have a huge pile of completed quilts (ready for our guild show before gifting) and have already gifted many more. Some days I get a lot of stitching done and on other days, I barely look at my machine. I don't think it should be about the number but that you are working on a project that gives you pleasure and is enjoyable and relaxing.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:38 AM
Power Poster

I do about 10-12 a year, of various complexity. Some take 3 months, some 3 days. I also do long arm quilting for friends, family and charity.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
I probably finish 20-25 a year. But 2/3 of them are quilts for charity, 50 x 60 size or smaller and fairly simple designs.
This is what I do also and that's about my speed.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:55 AM

I have several ufo's, as do many of us, but I finish about 2 a year. Lately it has been wedding and graduation quilts. In the near future I need to start my ds's graduation quilt and a baby quilt for my niece. She's getting married before the baby is due, but with making one for my son, it is too much for me. Even though I love quilting, it is hard work.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:17 AM

How many quilts is like asking how long is string.

How many really only asks the question, "how do we measure up". We are measured up and found lacking in so many areas of our life why do it to ourselves inadvertently?
Old 04-23-2015, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
How many quilts is like asking how long is string.

How many really only asks the question, "how do we measure up". We are measured up and found lacking in so many areas of our life why do it to ourselves inadvertently?
I agree; so many things factor into this.... working hours, kids, outdoor chores. So many things in life are stressful, so I do as many as I can when I can. I make other things for charities also, so I get done what I can and if it has to wait another month then it will be fine.