Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: How Many Quilts Do You Pin At Once?

How Many Quilts Do You Pin At Once?

I've never pinned anymore than two quilts at once. I get them done relatively fast, so I don't worry about them being pinned for too long and the one that I'm not working on usually drapes over my ironing board to avoid creases. I have three finished twin sized quilt tops. Two of them I need to get finished for Christmas and the other is a quilt top I finished for my DD last Spring, but haven't pinned and quilted yet.

So, here's my question, would it be all right to pin all three quilt tops in one day and then drape two of them over the ironing board until I get to them? I've already left the batting out in the air for 24 hours to allow it to expand.
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

I've had 3 or 4 quilt tops pinned at once when I knew I was going to be working on them. They should be okay draped over the ironing board. I've left them laying on a bed as well.
    Heather

I still do one one at a time, just my preference
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

if i were still pinning, it would be one at a time. When I baste with thread, I don't mind having a few lying around.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

My back would only allow me to get two pinned today, so I guess that solved that problem. :/ It would've been nice to have pinned the third one, but there was only so much I could do.
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

I've just come from Pinterest. There were a lot of quilts on there tonight. You can guess what my first thought was when I read your post.

i also only do one at a time. My next project is going to be a king size quilt, and i'm trying to piece it now and quilt - Christmas is the deadline for current project. I 'm trying to minimize time down in the cold basement!!
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

What is the reason for not having more than one or two pinned at once?

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    What is the reason for not having more than one or two pinned at once?
    That's what I was wondering. Some people have told me that leaving them pinned and folded would set creases in the quilt before I got to it, but if they're draped over my ironing board, I'm not sure what other problems there might be?