Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many quilts on your 'to do' list? >

How many quilts on your 'to do' list?

How many quilts on your 'to do' list?

Old 09-10-2011, 01:15 PM

I have only 4 on my list right now.

1. Denim Quilt for oldest son (starting to cut today)
2. 10 Minute Block for DGD
3. Black and Pink Rose quilt for DD
4. Asian TV throw for cousin

And in between placemats and potholders for gifts for Xmas
Old 09-10-2011, 01:21 PM

i have 3 quilts that need to get done like NOW. 1 wedding has already taken place, another in Nov. I will prob do a double irish chain for both those. and one DD would have liked for her day care provider YESTERDAY--it is an old fashioned butterfly quilt. the top is done.
ON my 'want to' list...pinapple, fractured crystal, starlite/starbrite, a tube quilt. that's all that comes to mind right now. oh and a 'thinking outside the box' quilt.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:27 PM

Too many to list or count!
Old 09-10-2011, 01:32 PM

were we suppose to name the UFO's we are suppose to finish. sorry, won't tell you about the kits, or UFO's i have. tooooo bad, you all. :) :)
Old 09-10-2011, 01:33 PM

I have a few projects on my 'to do' list.
1. A denim rag quilt, all blocks are cut out, just waiting to be stitched.
2. A second Baltimore Album Quilt, different from my first one.
3. A kitten shaped quilt for my neighbors daughter. I found that pattern on Ebay, so cute.

But, I've decided I need to work on my UFO's before I start anything else. I have 5 projects going right now. I'm presently working on my hand stitched English paper pieced hexagon quilt that I've been working on for over 2 years, it's about 95% complete, should be done in about a month or two, that's only the top, then I have to quilt (by hand). As soon as this one is done, I'm planning on another hand stitched hex for my sister. Second, I have a Sunbonnet Sue all cut out, Sue's are fused to background fabric, waiting to be stitched. Third and fourth, I have a two crazy quilts in progress. One is a 4-inch block and the other is a larger block. BUT, fifth, my true passion, is my applique Baltimore Album Quilt, I recently took a class to learn applique. I have all of my pieces for my first 4 blocks cut out, prepped, using the freezer paper method, ready to be stitched. However, I'm having a horrible time trying to decide on a background fabric. I just can't make up my mind. Decisions! Decisions!
Old 09-10-2011, 02:32 PM

I can't count that high!!..but it's a lot.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:45 PM

I have a list and still adding to it. I'm going to have to be 1000 before everything gets done. (LOL) (This QB doesn't help!!!)
Old 09-10-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by A1penny
I find every time I see a quilt I love....I say.....Oh, I want to make one of those. But I see the ideas go in and out of my head so fast that I'm always thinking of something new.
I had actually decided what I was going to do next last week, then had a new idea and completely forgot the first one until last night when I picked up a pile of books and saw last week's idea.

I think I better start an 'idea' book to record my thoughts and ideas.....and keep it open on my desk! At my age, my short term memory is getting shorter all the time. OR, is it that I am getting better and better ideas all the time????
Of course it's because you are getting better and better ideas!! But, an idea book is a great idea (no pun intended, maybe). :lol:
Old 09-10-2011, 03:54 PM

To many to count. I have so many plastic containers that have a pattern & fabric ready for quilts & keep adding to the stack. Now just to find the time to get to them all.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:35 PM

I have so many pattern I want to try I'm thinking of actually getting a bucket and writing down a pattern on a piece of note paper.
Each note goes in the bucket and when I finish one quilt I get to pull another one out of the bucket. I have a feeling I will never see the bottom of the bucket!