Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: How many times can I mess up???

Blog Entries
    Just have to vent.. I have been working on this Ricky Tim's Harmonic Convergence quilt (my avatar) for more than a year, on and off. The center came out great. After that, it has been all downhill.
    I hand quilted large leafy vines on the outer sections. Every time I think I am finished I find another area that needs more leaves...I initially got so frustrated that I turned the backing over to the front for binding. Hated it, ripped it out. Cut 2 1/2 inch binding strips of the backing. Like it ok, just want to BE DONE. Machine sewed, did the pin-and-stitch thingie where the ends meet. That worked out fine. As I am hand stitching the binding, I see that part of the binding looks like a ruffle. Pulled the quilt too tight during sewing. Ripped THAT out....
    I have started another quilt for one of my sons and want to get that done before winter....but I really want this one DONE. ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH.
    Whew, I feel better now.... :roll:

some times you just have to let your self be done.

Power Poster
    okay - take a deep breath - think of all the ways you've learned how things can be done now :?

know what you mean about wanting "to be done" though

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Awww, glad you vented. It helps :D
    And we all feel your pain, I'm sure! It's happened to me more than once.
    I can't wait to see it up close and personal :D

Power Poster
    Yep, some projects fight you to the bitter end. If I like the design or fabric, I grit my teeth and finish it. If it's "dog", I send it to the pound. (secondhand shop)

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartan
    Yep, some projects fight you to the bitter end. If I like the design or fabric, I grit my teeth and finish it. If it's "dog", I send it to the pound. (secondhand shop)
    HAHAHA too funny! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

How many times can you mess up? As many seams as you sew sometimes. :lol:

I've had that experience before also. Sometimes I alter the pattern just to finish the project sometimes I donate it to the orphan collection at my charity sewing group. Sometimes it sits on my shelf as a PIG/UFO. I'll come back to it everyonce in awhile and sometimes something clicks and I can figure it out and finish it.

Good luck, it looks very pretty so far. It would be a shame not to finish it. :lol:

I think we have all been there and that is one reason for so many UFO's. Take a breath, relax and enjoy.

It's good to vent!