Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Many WIP's Do YOU Have?  Be honest! >

How Many WIP's Do YOU Have? Be honest!

How Many WIP's Do YOU Have? Be honest!

Old 05-28-2008, 03:13 AM

I decided to send off a note to Patrice to see if she would be okay with this WIP challenge. I would hate to step on any toes and do something without proper consent or do the wrong thing.

So far I have about 6 people that are showing an interest. But I hope there will be alot more. The way I would like to do this is for anyone who has from 1 to over 50 WIPS. Each person who is interested in the WIP challenge would PM me with their list of WIPs. I will keep a running tab of each persons list and tick off each project when it is completed. The challenge would run until December 31st. For each WIP that is completed, the quilter's name will be added to a piece of paper for a chance to win the final prize. your name will be added for every WIP you complete. So the more WIPs you complete the better your chances to win. Of course we would love to see photos of your finished WIP too.. you know how we looooooove to see photos here! :) :) :)

As for the prize, I was thinking for each person who is interested in the challenge, they could snail mail me a FQ that would be safely tucked away until the end of the year. The more people that join the bigger the final FQ prize!! Just imagine receiving a big squishy of FQs in the mail!!! It would be like Christmas was extended a little longer!!!
At the end of the year, I will send back everyone's WIP list and show which WIPS were completed. Wouldn't it be nice to see that list shortened!!!!! What a feeling it will be to see what you accomplished at the end of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am just waiting now for Patrice to give me the yay or nah.....

Tell me what you think!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 08:56 AM

After a few pms back and forth from Patrice, through her wonderful advice and wisdom I have decided that a WIP challenge could become a rather complicated project to take on. The idea was good at the time, but between PIGS, WIPS, UFOs, possible pillows, totters and pole dancing, there may be too many ways this challenge to turn out.

Not to mention she did say there were alot of challenges ie: BOMS, scrap challenge and mystery quilt going on right now that another challenge might possibly be too much. I don't wish to add something else and worry that people might get overwhelmed and maybe upset. I still am interested in seeing everyone's WIPs getting finished and will of course continue with the encouragement and look forward to beautiful artwork you all make.

Cheers!!!
Old 05-28-2008, 01:56 PM

aggi
You have inspired me to start of one of my WIPs starter laying out the blocks to my yellow brink road the other night. Hopefully I can get 'er done this weekend. :D :D :D
Old 05-28-2008, 04:51 PM

Sounds good to me Aggi! We can just reward ourselves with a new fat quarter for every quilt we finish! :lol:

Old 05-29-2008, 03:36 AM

HI Missi!! I'm so glad I inspired you!!! don't forget to share that finished WIP with us with a photo!!!!

Imaquilter.... that is a good idea!! with every WIP we complete we will reward ourselves with a trip to the fabric shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hmmmmmm somehow I KNOW I won't come out of it with just ONE FQ!!! lol
Old 05-29-2008, 09:26 AM

I reward myself and my WIP pile won't get smaller it will get bigger :) What was the goal we were looking to attain :?:
Old 05-29-2008, 11:16 AM

I knew that would be a problem so I promised myself I would not start a new quilt until I entirely finished the one I started. In 3 years I only broke my rule once. I have completed approximately a dozen quilts.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:01 PM

jadet. you have so much more discipline than me! I hate getting out the walking foot and the free motion feet; I'm spoiled by snap on feet. I got a bunch of tops done, and now that I've changed the foot I'll go through and quilt some (but not the baby quilts - don't want to kick in the granny karma just yet! LOL). By the looks of the one I'm working on, I can sure use the practice!
Old 05-29-2008, 12:15 PM

Meeting some friends for dinner and going to the fabric shop after. Is this my reward for telling myself to go back to finishing WIPS before starting anything else? A reward to start my energy to get them done? he he. I'm only going because hubby is in NC and my son is glued to the computer killing aliens (I told him he could have won the war on Iraq if we let him run the war) so I'm going to disappear for 2 hrs. Not really looking to buy anything but will check the bargain basket for some fq or pieces to add to my scrap tub. Did set myself a limit of $25.00.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:26 AM

Yep! got all my WIP's to the quilting stage the other day. So cool, really proud of myself, yes indeed. So I am going to get these suckers quilted before I do anything else, Yep thats the plan..
So yesterday I just cant face basting 2 quilts so what do I do, Oh yes I start cutting out another quilt!!!!!
So does this mean the WIP Division of the Quilt Police is going to be knocking on my door?