Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you machine quilt with you regular machine?

I have been seeing all the posting regarding long arm quilting machines and was wondering if a lot of you machine quilt with you sewing machine. I usually hand quilt but want to try machine quilting but just not sure. I certainly cannot afford a long arm right now.

I do. I have a Pfaff and the built in "even feed" foot makes all the difference. My previous machine was a Janome, which I loved, but I had to attach a special foot and it never worked all that great. A long arm machine is on my wish list for when I retire from my full time day job, and I'm trying to save the money to be able to buy one then. Until then, I'll machine quilt with pleasure using my Pfaff.

I use a Viking Rose with a walking foot.

Blog Entries
    Iím a hand quilter too. However Iím planning on venturing into machine quilting with my machine. This can open up some new and fun possibilities and looks like fun :-P Because the size of a large quilt would be difficult for me to manage so I would work in smaller sections and make a quilt as you go quilt. Iíll be following this to see what other more experienced quilters have to say.

I use my sewing machine. I don't have the room for a longarm. I have never quilted a very large quilt, but smaller ones I do all the time.

I'm learning too. There was a you-tube to watch on here the other day and it is very informative.....type in Patsy Johnson and watch 1-4 series......I think you will like it
    I also like the barn quilt block,too

Blog Entries
    I quilt with my sewing machine, since that's the only machine I've got. :D

I would love a longarm someday...

I use a regular sewing machine. Mainly small quilts (crib size)and wall hangings. Some day I will have a long arm.

I use my regular sewing machine with a walking foot. It's very difficult, though, to quilt more than a lap sized quilt. Those sewing machine beds are not very big.

Blog Entries
    I use a walking foot and a free motion foot to quilt my quilts. I don't do large quilts. Lap size and small projects are great for a home machine. I used my new, old Singer 301 over the weekend to practice free motion. It worked very nice. I think this will be my go to machine for free motion. Highly recommend. It takes a lot of practice. Please start with a small project so that you are not disappointed. Good luck.

Quilter711

Page 1 of 22 1 2 11 ... LastLast