Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you....

Question How many of you....

I came home from a glorious mountain quilting retreat with Linda Ballard this past weekend and immediately came down with the flu. Ache all over, but you can't keep a quilter down for long, so I decided to work on a charity quilt! This is what I have been doing to keep me from feeling sorry for myself. How many of you still head for your sewing room, even when you don't feel good?

A couple of the strips show up as black in the picture, but they are burgundy.

Name:  string diamonds.jpg
Views: 2026
Size:  50.2 KB

I don't do anything short of feeding myself if I'm sick.... Love your quilt can't wait to see it finished.
    http://www.skillpages.com/DonnaValleyquiltermo
    Sweet Dreams come from under Cozy Quilts made with love.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it. Play with your kids and g-kids,
    and do what you can for others.

Blog Entries
    Hope you feel better soon. Love you quilt. Would you mind telling us the name of the pattern?
    Mavis

I hope you're feeling better, really soon! Last time I had the flu, I could barely get out of bed.
    Thanks for the reminder - I've got to get a flu shot!!!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Plenty of tea with honey and lemon, chicken soup and quilting. What could be better?

Feel better soon!

Love your quilt...I'm making a similar one, but mine will be a mini, only 23 1/2" square when completed (blocks are 2 1/4" each!). Trying to use up all my scraps from other projects. How large is your quilt going to be and how large are your blocks?

Take care and don't do too much. Rest as much as possible!

Anita
    Anita

I'd rather be stitchin' than in the kitchen!

Quote Originally Posted by liking quilting View Post
    Hope you feel better soon. Love you quilt. Would you mind telling us the name of the pattern?
    The pattern I found is called "Kaleidostar" and can be found in the book Favorite Foundation Pieced Minis. The finished quilt in the book is 23 1/2" with each patch being 2 1/4" square. I am sure you can enlarge the pattern to any size you want. Basically, this pattern is a string quilt, start with the center "kite" shaped piece ( the light solid color in crzypatcher's post), then add two narrow strings to either side. End with a triangle in the corners. (Total pieces in block = 7). The block is square. Does this make sense? It is not a difficult block. Only trick to it is to keep the center pieces either the same fabric or the same color as they make a secondary pattern.

Hope this helps.

Anita
    Anita

I'd rather be stitchin' than in the kitchen!

Power Poster
    ​Great start on a quilt top! When I am really sick, I just crawl into my bed and stay there.

Your quilt is wonderful! I hope you feel better soon!
    Laura

That is a very pretty quilt. If you do that well when you are sick, can you show us some of your "feeling good" quilts?! Hope you get over your flu quickly.

Your quilt is awesome! I can't wait to see it finished. I hope you are feeling better soon. I so admire your being able to quilt when you are ill. If it were me, I'd be in bed. Get well soon!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast