Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How much do you pay for yearly membership in your quilt guild? >

How much do you pay for yearly membership in your quilt guild?

How much do you pay for yearly membership in your quilt guild?

Old 06-11-2013, 11:36 AM

Default How much do you pay for yearly membership in your quilt guild?

Hello, all. After yet another knock-down, drag-out guild meeting this morning, I am asking the question: How much is the yearly membership fee to belong to your local quilt guild?

Do you think it is a fair amount? In other words, do you get your "money's worth"?

This is purely un-scientific - I'm just curious as to how much other guilds charge for membership fees.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:51 AM

ours is $20.00 per year and worth every penny.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:52 AM

One guild is $20.00 per year and the other is $15.00 per year and worth it.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Power Poster

My guild use to be $15 a year. When it was suggested to raise it to $20, I thought the older members were going to faint! It was raised to $20 finally. It's been a few years and now a lot of the newer members want to raise it to $10 a month so we won't have to have so many fundraisers during the year. The younger members don't have the time for many fundraisers so don't mind the higher dues. I will gladly pay more. I enjoy my guild and we do have nice workshops and two retreats a year. I know DH's hunting club dues are over $1000 a year.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:05 PM

Our Guild voted to raise the dues to $36 per year. Otherwise, much time and effort had to be used to raise funds. We used to make a quilt for raffle every-other year. But with the paperwork required to sell chances, the work involved in making the quilt, the expense involved in fabrics and longarm quilting, the time involved in selling chances and collecting the money....it just got to be too much. And, we weren't making much of a profit. Some ladies just paid for the tickets they were supposed to sell because they didn't like "selling"! So, basically, they aren't paying anymore. We also tried nights at restaurants where we got 10% of the sales, and selling car wash tickets. There wasn't much opposition when the dues went from $20 to $36. By the way, our Guild is limited to 50 members, and each member has to perform a job in the Guild as well as make a charity quilt each year to maintain membership.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

I used to pay 25.00 and worth every penny. $50.00 would have been a great price too. We enjoy great speakers and shows, Lessons and lots of fun things and charitable work too. If you have a good guild it is worth every penny.
peace
Old 06-11-2013, 12:23 PM

Ours is $10. It's worth it to me to have a place to go and talk quilts. We really don't do many of the things other guilds do like have shows or paid speakers, but it's still worth it.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Power Poster

The guild I use to belong to before moving the dues were $130 a year. No fundraising. The membership was about 90 members. About half came at any one time. We had great workshops, programs , bus rides to national shows, and very nice door prizes. When I was moving around for my job, I was dismayed to find most guilds are stuck on the $20 a year dues. No good programs, nothing new, just meet, eat, sew and go home. That is not a guild, it's a quilting group.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:35 PM

My guild charges $30/year and we host a quilt show including a raffle quilt every other year. We have a pretty good selection and variety of guest speakers. We don't, however, have very good attendance at our workshops, which is too bad. It's mostly due to date/day logistics and availablitiy of space. Too bad - - -

Jane
Old 06-11-2013, 12:44 PM

River City dues are $20.00 a year but if you join after June then that year it is only $10.00 for you.We have master cklasses, guest speakers, sew-in days monthly, and an on goin fund raiser called Birthday Table. If your birthday is that month you can bring quilting stuff, books, fabric, or other items. Chances are .25 cents each. We make between $50- 100.00 per month. No fuss amd you get to win a nice item.... We all NEED FABRIc!!!! Hugs Ps We do have an annual auction of our donated quilting items.... Mors hugs