Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How much fabric do you have in your stash? >

How much fabric do you have in your stash?

Old 04-07-2010, 03:36 AM

Not as much as some, but enough to have DH shake his head!!!
Old 04-07-2010, 03:44 AM

My husband has been unemployed since July 2009 so things have been rough for us. He just got a job so will be nice to have $ and Health Insurance again.[/quote]

Glad to hear that your DH has found something!!! Hopefully, life will be much easier now!! :-D Congrats!!

I have 17 large plastic storage bins full. Plus bolts of fabric for backing, large garbage bag full of polyester batting (I just doesn't seem to go down :roll: ), plus bags of warm & natural/white.

DH is wondering why I still buy fabric!! States, "Are you telling me that you don't have something in all those containers that you can use!" Oh well, here comes #18. He'll never understand!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-07-2010, 03:51 AM

ALOT!!! But can you ever have "enough" fabric? Mine is NOT organized enough! I have holidays, 30's, civil war, red/white & blue/white, etc in totes ready to put on shelves if I can ever get the energy to "organize" my sewing studio! Other than that, fabrics are in other totes, drawer units, bags, etc. I do save my scraps for "someday" projects or to share. Right now I'm trying to build up my 30's stash and add to my civil war stash.

Mary B MS
Old 04-07-2010, 05:08 AM

LOL more than i will ever use in this lifetime, but i am trying :) I save scraps too
Old 04-07-2010, 05:15 AM

Too much, according to my husband. LOL I have 7 of the pattern cabinets from fabric stores, all full of fabrics, folded, sorted by background colors. I also have 24 of the big plastic totes, 55 qt., and larger, all full of fabrics, non cottons, sorted by type of fabrics, such as fleece, etc. and about 6 of the big black garbage bags full of scraps. I've found some help in making scrappy quilts and we're going to donate to the local fire department and the local senior nursing home.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:26 AM

I'm going to send my DH to your house to take a peeky!! Maybe then he would understand! :lol:
Old 04-07-2010, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

Lots, but not enough. I sort by colour, unless something is very theme specific (I have a farming pile and a music pile, two of my loves, and of course a Christmas pile)
Old 04-07-2010, 05:48 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by craftybear

Do you have it all organized by colors, sizes etc.

Do you save your scraps?
I would say, just in a rough estimate, that I have between 130 and 150 yards. When I started buying two yards of any one thing, I put them in a group by themselves. The older stuff is organized by catagories, Christmas, Halloween, dogs, etc.

I do save scraps but I don't keep anything under 2 inches. I am sure I would never use it.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:51 AM
Power Poster

According to DH....just enough to make me happy... :lol:
Old 04-07-2010, 05:53 AM

I probably have around a thousand yards of fabric. I actually counted how many yards were in my cupboard when I moved time before last. That was almost 5 years ago and I have probably more than doubled it since then. I've used a lot since then too but it seems to come in faster than it goes out.

I have mine sorted by length of the cut.

I had one of those three drawer carts crammed full of scraps. I moved most of it into a single giant drawer in my new cutting center. It's not really new new, it's an ancient metal dresser I'm putting a top on to hold a cutting mat.