Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How much should I charge for a pair of pillowcases?

I made some children's design pillow cases for a Craft Show and need to know what I should charge. Some are cotton fabrics, a couple are made of pretty flannel, i.e. the typical ones with a 9" top and a 1" strip between the bottom and top. I paid about $8.00 in material for each pair. What I don't sell, I'll donate. What else would be fast for a Craft Show. I signed up months ago and other that two fairly nice quilts, I have nothing ready.

I made and sold pillow cases for Texas Airedale Rescue for $15.00 per pillow case.

around here the lqs sells the kits for one pillow case for $12 so i would think a pair would have to be $30 but since you managed to make them lots less expensive i would think $15 would be ok for a pair as long as you spent $8 a pair to make them. the flannels you may want to charge a bit more, flannel is usually a bit more.

np3
    Blog Entries
    I like $15 per pillowcase.

Part of it depends on where you're selling them--like, is it in an upscale show or school fair or flea market type show. If it's upscale, then you might get $20.00 each . If lower, maybe $15.00. Also, if you're going to do this again, will you be able to get fabric for the same price?

Just food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by merrylouw
    Part of it depends on where you're selling them--.

Just food for thought.
    I sold mine at Airedale events. I don't remember exactly how many I sold, but it was a lot, maybe 20. Airedale people are very generous when it comes to fundraising for rescue.

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    If the folks are comparing them to something like a JC Pennt pillowcase, that's whole different thing. JCP kid's pillowcase pairs run about 15 bucks, on sale - like they always are. If they're comparing them to hand-made things for adults, you're wide open and I agree with at least 30 per pair. but I know people will pay way less for kids' things ... and buy two separate pairs. who's crazy?

You could make those really fast and easy hot pads from Youtube. I made a set of 4 the other day in about a half an hour.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Hi Gilla,

Here is a link to a bunch of ideas for a bazaar or whatever. I picked up a lot of ideas myself for a bazaar I want to participate in this November at my church.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-68792-1.htm

Hope it helps you.

Linda :-D

Blog Entries
    I found a really neat idea for a wall hanging, that can be made in mostly an evening.
    If you want the pattern, let me know with a pm, and I will get it to you.
    Mariah.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast