Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
how much stash is too much! >

how much stash is too much!

how much stash is too much!

Old 10-19-2010, 06:54 PM

I went to my lqs yesterday and one woman was telling of being in another quilt shop where the owner said she orders at least 2 bolts of every fabric one for the shop and one for herself---personally, how would she ever have time to use it all? Does that breach the line of "stasher" and hoarder?
Old 10-19-2010, 06:57 PM

I could never own a fabric shop....the temptation would be way too much to do exactly as that woman said...one for you and one for me.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

I couldn't imagine! well... maybe I could dream about that kind of stash LMBO
Old 10-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Power Poster

If she can afford it, I say go for it! My stash is small because I don't have money to buy what I want.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:01 PM

That's crazy. I could never do that and feel like I'd use it all. I feel guilty enough with my meager stash.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:01 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

OMG.. how big is her house ?!?!?!?!?! I would of died and gone to heaven to be able to have a stash like that!!!!

I would love to be part owner of a fabric shop... I would need a partner cause Id need someone to slap my hand from time time cause the fabric would be walking out the door and into my house!!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:02 PM
Power Poster

HUH??? I can't understand the question. I never met a fabric I wouldn't hoard.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:09 PM

Oh my, she does have it bad! I tend to pick up fabrics that I love and rarely change my mind about them as time passes. I also tend to mix up batiks with other "blender" and prints as my eye lets me. So I eventually use everything I have. Judging from what some of you have stated on this site I do not have a big stash! LOL! However the last couple of on line sales I've been to (tropical quilter and fabric.com) have increased my stash considerably. I "ask" my hubby how much can I spend and he just points to his newest motorcycle gadget and grins. I take that as "permission" to buy! Than I figure out how to make hamburger helper stretch for more than 2 meals!!:)
Old 10-19-2010, 07:16 PM

"How much stash is too much?" Can a person actually have tooooo much? I have a little stash that has taken quite awhile to get but I enjoy seeing my pretty fabrics nicely folded on their shelves.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mary M
"How much stash is too much?" Can a person actually have tooooo much? I have a little stash that has taken quite awhile to get but I enjoy seeing my pretty fabrics nicely folded on their shelves.
-----------------------------------------------------
I'll tell you how it feels to have lots and lots of stash..and have to get rid of some of it ( Okay, a lot of it) to make room for a sister who is coming to stay with me for a while till she can find another place to buy. And the front bedroom is FILLED with boxes and cartons and plastic containers and sacks and stacks and lots of it I know darn well I'll never ever use, but I loved it enough to buy it in the first place...Sob, whine, grumble, gripe, whimper.