Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How much is a Viking Diamond? >

How much is a Viking Diamond?

How much is a Viking Diamond?

Old 06-15-2012, 04:26 AM

I love my Diamond - bought from a trusted well-respected dealer. I got a fair price and always have access to help if I have a question. I have had it for a year and find that it is very user friendly. Happy shopping!
Old 06-15-2012, 05:39 AM

You're right - it's frustrating trying to find pricing. I had the same problem before I bought my Bernina. I finally went to a dealer where I bought my first Bernina and our local quilt shop where I had taken lessons and compared prices and other things. I finally bought mine from the LQS.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:01 AM

The Viking Diamond sold in Alaska for around $9,000 -- I have a Viking Ruby and Designer 1 but if I was looking at another machine for the price I would go with the Pfaff machines. They now have a tension monitor that monitors the threads and sets the tension for each thread plus they have the IDT--the foot that works like a walking foot already built onto the machine. JMHO
Old 06-15-2012, 06:08 AM

You can buy a new one for $6,300 to $6,500.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by js3830 View Post
The only difference between the Diamond and the Deluxe is the decals. It was not worth trading my Diamond in on it. I know a very honest dealer. I traded in my 1999 Designer I and they gave me $1800 and I still payed around $7400. They were running 36 months same as cash which helped. I love the Diamond but I also just saw the Babylock Ellismo about a year ago and it would have made me have to think real hard if it would have been around in 2008. I had the Designer Pro software that worked with the Diamond. I waited until they had the 4D software on sale just before Christmas when I got it. Again the dealer called me and let me know that is was going to be the best deal. If I would have bought it all togeather it would cost almost $10,000. All of this was with tax. I hope this helped. Sandy
The Diamond is no long manufactured. The Diamond Deluxe replaced it. The major difference between the Diamond and the Diamond Deluxe is that the Deluxe has thread portioning. The Diamond had an update that brought it up to par with the Deluxe except for the thread portioning system, which of course could not be updated. There may be a few small differences, but that is the major one. I have had the Diamond for three and one half years. I love it, but at this time because Viking gave us an update (which updates are free, I might add), I couldn't justify the difference to trade just for the thread portioning (which I think would be great). I think you could expect to pay between $8500 to $10000, depending on your dealer, packages, and specials that Viking might be offering at the time. 5D Embroidery software is the newest software, which I love.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:25 AM

The last time I checked the price was much higher but every dealer has their own price. I stopped upgrading as it just became to expensive. It seemed like every time I turned around I was replacing boards on different brands of machines. I really like the older all metal machines. I've had them for years and not one problem with them. They just keep on ticking.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:32 AM

This thread got me to thinking. Why am I so reluctant to spend $10,000 on a sewing machine, when I spend more than that on a car? I keep a car 3-5 years. I keep a good sewing machine 10 years, or longer if it is still working. All of a sudden the price of a long arm seems reasonable.

But I agree that prices of machines should not be such huge secrets. Auto manufacturers advertise the "list" price of cars and dealers still add their mark ups and sell cars. Sewing machine manufacturers could easily do the same.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by krysti View Post
It's just frustrating when you're trying to do research on different machines, and you can't get prices anywhere.!
I agree with you here. It is hard to comparison shop on these upper end machines on the internet because people don't want to openly quote a price. I don't know why since you can find other things, far more expensive, with prices on the internet (think cars)... All it does to me is make me wonder what the profit margin is that they don't want to quote any prices. It is hard to get any idea at all sometimes. Most of us don't care what their profit margin is, but in order to make a decent decision, we need information. Sitting at home peacefully in your chair is far less stress than in a dealer's office where things can get a bit stressful with a face to face sales pitch.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:06 AM

Can you call and ask the company what the recommended price is?
Old 06-15-2012, 07:09 AM

I spoke with my Viking dealer about 3 weeks ago....and if I wanted the Diamond w/5d basic I could get it for about $9,500. If I wanted to buy the Diamond with the 5D and trade in my Rose (which I LOVE)...I could have it for about $7, 100.

I think it was 36-48 months same as cash financing.....

I have the Rose and the D1.....and I love both of these machines....the extra large hoop is what appeals to me for the Daimond...not sure that justifys the expense...

anyway good luck...I really love my vikings.