Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How much would you charge for these?

I made my daughter some mug rugs out of scraps and some kitty fabric I had. A neighbor wante me to make some for her but I have no idea what something like that would go for. I already have the fabric, and it does not take very long at all to make them - batting and all. Has anyone ever seen something like that for sale and what were they asking? I really need some help and you guys always seem to have the answers.
    Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Late Bloomer
    I made my daughter some mug rugs out of scraps and some kitty fabric I had. A neighbor wante me to make some for her but I have no idea what something like that would go for. I already have the fabric, and it does not take very long at all to make them - batting and all. Has anyone ever seen something like that for sale and what were they asking? I really need some help and you guys always seem to have the answers.
    Thanks!!!
    With the cost of material, I would charge $12 - $15 for 4 or 6, really count up your cost and then double it.

Blog Entries
    Here is one member that was selling them : http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-75549-1.htm

so depending on the design ???

Blog Entries
    i was thinking $5.00 a piece. hmmmm.

The prices sound good, but these are not pieced, just cut around the design, turned inside out, and machine quilted a bit and hand quilted around the figures. I do not have a picture of them, but they are not very complicated. I hesitate to charge what I myself would not pay so I do appreciate your responses.

Blog Entries
    I would charge what I would pay, but that's just me.

I sold my mug rugs at christmas craft fairs for $5.00 each and sold all I had with me at each craftfair.

Blog Entries
    And, when you count up your costs, use the price of todays fabrics and supplies, not what you actually paid. Then you get a little bit for your time, as well.

Blog Entries
    One thing to think about. Your neighbor might show off these mug rugs and others might want some at the same price. So set the price as if you were selling to the general public so as to not get stuck selling them at too low of a price. This has happened to me in the past. I would give the neighbor or friend a real good price only to have others want the same price for the same thing.

I have always made sure if I give someone a special price that I let them know it that way no surprises when someone else wants one

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast