Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How to quilt this?? >

How to quilt this??

How to quilt this??

Old 03-30-2015, 11:28 AM

Default How to quilt this??

Not sure how to quilt this wallhanging. With all the little seams in it, not sure if stitch in the ditch would be very easy. Suggestions, please.
Attached Thumbnails img_4726.jpg  
Old 03-30-2015, 11:42 AM

In the center block, think of going an X across...then a circle in center black piece and hen, triangles in each of the other black pieces with the wide part of the triangle at the outer edge. The other two blocks...mm...I don't know maybe simple in the ditch making center the showpiece.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

the batting you choose will tell you the maximum distance your quilting lines can be.
Warm and natural will allow quilting at a distance of 10". Looks like your blocks finished at 8"? I would just quilt around the blocks, quilt around the center square patch of each block that is set on point. The green square on the bottom block, the black square in the center block and the black and green square-in-square patch in the top block. Then I would stipple the border.
Old 03-30-2015, 02:16 PM

Just my opinion, but if you do any quilting across the blocks, you risk blurring the pattern of the block itself. I would just do SITD, to enhance the very pretty block designs