Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to use a thread net?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by denveremerson View Post
    Don't feel funny. At least you got it. I still don't get it. I'm using a regular size spool of Sulky thread, about as big around as my thumb. When I slip the net over it, the thread gets caught on the ends of the net. What am I not getting????
    I am probably clueless, but honestly I have never heard of using a thread net on a regular size spool of thread. I thought they were only for use on cones (mainly because cones don't fit on a sewing machine spool pin). Sounds like the spool is not large enough to spread out the netting.

Blog Entries
    I found this website that does a *good* job of explaining the difference in how certain spools are wound, which affects how the thread comes off the spool. I think some of the solutions offered there eliminate the need for a net on spools of thread (as opposed to cones).
    http://www.quiltuniversity.com/difficult_threads.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    I am probably clueless, but honestly I have never heard of using a thread net on a regular size spool of thread. I thought they were only for use on cones (mainly because cones don't fit on a sewing machine spool pin). Sounds like the spool is not large enough to spread out the netting.
    IF you use a regular size spool of invisible thread you almost have to use a thread net.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I found I prefer a cut off knee high panty hose piece to a thread net. I ran into tension problems with the net but none with pany hose
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2