Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HQ quilting machine >

HQ quilting machine

HQ quilting machine

Old 04-29-2014, 04:39 AM

Default HQ quilting machine

Does anyone have this machine? It's a sitdown quilting machine and demos look interesting and set up easy. Kinda pricey but never heard of it before. If you own this would you recommend it? Thanks for any feedback.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:51 AM

You are referring to the Sweet 16 made by HandiQuilter. It has been around for years and is really quite good. HQ has great support and service also.

If I didn't have the room for a HQ16 [the midarm model by HQ] I would have the Sweet 16.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:51 AM

Are you thinking of the HandiQuilter Sweet Sixteen? I have it and really like it. It is also branded for Babylock as the Tiara, and I'm pretty sure the Platinum 16 by Viking is the same machine.

I would definitely recommend it. If you are able to, go play with it at some quilt shows. Definitely easier to move a quilt around on it.

Cheers, K
Old 04-29-2014, 06:55 AM

It's a well known brand, although I don't have one, but personally when I have the room and the money, I'll spend it on a Bailey quilting machine.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:36 AM

i own the HQ Sweet Sixteen and I LOVE IT!! I do not have space for a long arm frame and I prefer to FMQ by moving the quilt instead of the machine. I got mine used off Craig's List without the stitch regulator and I could not be happier. I have added the side extension tables and with they were not so expensive. I do LOVE it.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:05 PM

Thanks everybody now I will be wishing for one. Anyone have one for sale?
Old 04-29-2014, 07:13 PM

I have a HQ16 - the model before the HQ Sweet 16 - that I bought used about 4 years ago. It is a great machine and has never given me a bit of trouble. i use it on a frame, but it originally came with a table.

The only negative about it is that the manual is on the very skimpy side. For what it costs, I expected more.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:39 AM

I found mine on Craigslist. You can also check out the forum on the HQ website. I've seen them for sale there as well.