Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL, AND THEN A QUESTION

All my daughter's clothes were prewashed before I started making them into quilts but trust me if it's fabric it's gone into my quilt (I'd guess everything but wool and silk, but it does have silky stuff). Cotton and flannel would be find. I'm not sure Maybe you could hand wash your precut ones? I don't know how shrinkage works when you hand wash.

Renee, I have made several raq quilts, alternating cotton and flannel squares and using flannel for batting and the back. All was washed and dryed before cutting. No problems

Renee, I have prewashed squares in a small plastic tub that I use for handwashables. I usually use very warm water & a little laundry soap & agitate by hand a little to get the sizing out of the material. Then I squeeze the water out of them after rinsing & iron them dry. I think if both cotton & cotton flannel have been prewashed & dryed, they should be fine together.

Thanks everyone with all your comments I'm going to give it a try when I get number 2 made (which is half done) I think I'll teach my daughter how to iron the fabrics for me. hahahaha Like that will happen. hahahahhahahaha I will definetly post when completed but that might not be till August or Sept. with boating season and all.

I hand wash small pieces of fabric in very warm or even hot, soapy water and then spin them in the salad spinner my son and his family gave to me as a gift. I'm sure that was not the use they had in mind, but I have used it for spinning fabric more often than lettuce. It works great and not too much unraveling. I like to press it while it is still damp.

Linda

Blog Entries
    Please --what is an I spy quilt???

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/6158.page

Go to this post by Pam H and you will see what one can look like. I'm working on that one and it has been turning out cute.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2