Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hula Hoops

Blog Entries
    I was just in my sewing room and tripped over my grandsons hula hoops, again, and had a thought.... I have had an idea about making a round quilt but want it to hang on the wall in a perfect circle with no drooping. I think I am going to use a hula hoop, make a pocket sleeve for it, and it should take care of that problem. It will be very light weight and will also hold a significant amount of weight too, as I used part of one to make a circular curtain rod in the past to hide a hot water heater. I think it could be cut to get it into the sleeve, and epoxy glued back together again. I have small hoops here for the boys, but have seen them in a couple of more sizes. I think I will head to some toy stores and check out what they have before these summer toys disappear until next spring LOL
    Does anyone else have any ideas or thoughts in regards to this idea?

:-o Emma, What a great idea, I think it would work, good luck with that, send pictures.

Blog Entries
    you won't need to risk having the epoxy near your fabric if you hang it so the uncut "ends" are at the bottom. the sleeve will hold it together.

You one clever cookie Amma, What a brilliant idea :!: Now that's what I call thinking outside the square :P

Sounds like a plan - I have used hoops before and found it limiting . I know the dollar stores around here have hula hoops. You may be able to cut a bit longer, slit the outside piece, and run other end into it to resize.

Hard to explain, but anyone who has a woodstove knows this method for pipes.

lin
    Brilliant amma! :thumbup:t

That's a great :XD: I'm :hunf: with happiness, you've solved another situation ahead of me...... :cry:

uhhh, not really, (not green with jealousy, I meant) but that is good. Wish I'd thought of that when I had the round window, day late and $ short, always!!

what a clever idea!

BRILLANCE is abounding on this Board,

"Hey, has anyone seen my Hula Hoop?" :lol:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast