Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
HURRAYYY!!  Our voice has been heard! >

HURRAYYY!! Our voice has been heard!

HURRAYYY!! Our voice has been heard!

Old 04-04-2011, 02:45 AM

I agree that Walmart better realize that women make up a bigger % of their regular shoppers...& since there is NO fabric or adult crafts, I never go there anymore. I used to buy clothing basics, household, probably every dept in the store, as it was nice when I had the kids just to stop @ one place. Now my kids aren't with me, & no fabric...kinda killed any desire to go back. All Walmart needs to do is notice that Joann Fabric's stock price has taken off this last 12 months, due to great volume of sales. If they pay attention, perhaps they will see their "Life Celebration" party supplies dept. isn't quite up to the same demand level. They don't have to participate in offering what we desire to buy, but "stitching" isn't a dying artform! They will lose.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:16 PM

In central Ohio at the large supercenter Walkmart the fabric on bolts was completely sold out in two weeks. In its place are pre-folded fabric sold in two yard lengths. There are fleece, cotton and home decorating pieces starting at $7.97 for the package. The Walmart also has fat quarters sold as a single or in packs. They kept the thread. Lots of yarn and different hooks. So guess all the phone calls and emails helped!