Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Husband punishment

Quote Originally Posted by Prissnboot View Post

After composing myself, I informed him that ordinarily, remarks like that would land him back in the car to wait for me,
    One day, he may go back to the car, and go home. Better keep taxi fare handy............LOL
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Quote Originally Posted by gigi712 View Post
    That's hilarious! Mine says he doesn't mind going with me, but I always feel hurried when he's along, so most times I go alone. Get to touch and feel more fabric that way.
    My husband brings a book to read.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

lol, that works too ;-)
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

I love when my husband goes to the fabric store with me. He helps me match fabrics, he gets the number and waits by the cutting table while I am still shopping, and best of all, he's always asking me if I need anything else...I always end up buying more than was on my list.

When I come out of the fabric store with a pkg. my DH always says "Is that all you bought."? He is an enabler, gotta love -em

I don't bother bringing my DH. I know he doesn't really enjoy the experience. Mainly based on the fact that when there is a big sale at Joann's the people in my area get a bit rude. No excuse me's, or anything; lots of getting pushed out of the way etc. (one of the many reasons I keep trying out smaller LQS to find one that works)
    So I figure I'm going to have more fun without him complaining anyway. So he tells me to have fun, I have my money limit, and I go have a blast!

Blog Entries
    Who says quilting isn't a shared experience with the spouse!
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk View Post
    I don't feel the need to "dole out" punishment to my husband. It's not right nor is it fair.

I guess I am old fashioned and don't understand this "new age" marriage thing about hiding purchases and punishing one's spouse for something.
    I don't understand it, either. If I want to buy something, I buy it. Period. I have enough sense, to know whether or not we can afford it. As for telling DH what he "has" to do, forget it. We're both adults and expect to be treated as such, by each other.

That said, I'm assuming the "punishment" and "hiding" comments are made in jest!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Quote Originally Posted by Prissnboot View Post
    Mr. Smartypants replies, "Oh REALLY, I thought you just bought them for the articles!" .........
    This takes me back to the old days when the "bought them for the articles" excuse was given by geezers who bought PlayBoy magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    I don't understand it, either. If I want to buy something, I buy it. Period. I have enough sense, to know whether or not we can afford it. As for telling DH what he "has" to do, forget it. We're both adults and expect to be treated as such, by each other.

That said, I'm assuming the "punishment" and "hiding" comments are made in jest!
    Yes, Neesie they were.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast